2019 PGA Tour

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
had to laugh at the two blokes trying to clear the greens ,one of water the other of hail stones ,the guy trying to clear the water was pushing it up hill ,and the guy trying to clear the hailstones was using a roller type squeegee ,and all he was doing was to put it midly ,bugger all as the roller was just going over the top and not doing anything likely to clear a green.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
They mump on about Phil Mic being on the tee for 25 minutes, but don't mention Casey has done the same, or the other 70 odd golfers who are also now going in cold. Some of whom are in contention, esp the guys hitting second shots into one.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Good ol' sky sports leaderboard. Were showing Casey and Mickleson each -2 for the day after 1 hole!
Now showing -3 for day after 3 holes.

I assume they are both actually -1 for the round.

Wolf

Visit site
Good ol' sky sports leaderboard. Were showing Casey and Mickleson each -2 for the day after 1 hole!
Now showing -3 for day after 3 holes.

I assume they are both actually -1 for the round.
I'm listening on PGA tour radio as stuck in a hotel room that resembles a crap prison cell and they're stating both - 1 through 3 holes.

BubbaP

Visit site
How come everyone has finished, except Casey and Phil? They are 2 holes behind?
Assuming the 2nd sentence isn't a question, on another thread it was discussed that the tour didn't care about slow play. Maybe here is a situation where they will. Expect they would have preferred a Sunday finish.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Casey has previous for not getting it done.

It wouldn't surprise me if came out today (now that he is behind) and went birdie birdie to force the issue.

With Phil and the 18th, it's never over.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fair enough - but it will be a much much tougher set up as well as a far stronger field.

That's the point, that he's not going to get it done at the US Open, because it's the US Open. It's just so Phil to set the narrative up perfectly to build up to another US Open, especially after last year. I love it, he's the best.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
That's the point, that he's not going to get it done at the US Open, because it's the US Open. It's just so Phil to set the narrative up perfectly to build up to another US Open, especially after last year. I love it, he's the best.

In fairness, Phil's never had a US Open game. Wild off the tee and an exceptional recovery player.

The fact that he has so many near misses is a credit to his mentality and skill in other areas.

You look at other guys that have had multiple top 5s in US Opens... Furyk, Monty, McDowell, Els, Rose, Goosen etc. and they are totally different players.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
ntywnzj38sf21.jpg

Just spotted this on Reddit. Immature but have to say it did make me laugh.

BubbaP

Visit site
Probably the Valspar doesn't warrant it's own thread.
Wasn't watching earlier but nice (IMO) to see Luke pop a decent score in.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nice albatross for Knox yesterday.

Keegan with another strong start, be interesting to see if he can keep it going for 4 rounds this week after struggling the past 2 weekends.