2019 Cricket

sunshine

Visit site
maybe if they didnt take 2 hours to bowl 20 overs theyd not suffer so much ;)

I've noticed the over rates in T20's slowing and slowing. There's a strategy conference after every ball, especially when you have a left hander and right hander batting together. Soon it will be like American football with timeouts after every ball - sorry play - to allow for important announcements from our sponsors ;)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I've noticed the over rates in T20's slowing and slowing. There's a strategy conference after every ball, especially when you have a left hander and right hander batting together. Soon it will be like American football with timeouts after every ball - sorry play - to allow for important announcements from our sponsors ;)

in the IPHell they already have sponsored drinks breaks, 2 per 20 over innings I think so every 6 or 7 overs lol (also known as script breaks by those gambling lol)

at least in the UK domestic T20 sides only have 75 mins to bowl their 20 overs and get runs penalties if they dont, games last 2hr40, IPHell (and BigBash and a few other franchise tournaments, plus internationals take an hour more a lot of the time!)

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
in the IPHell they already have sponsored drinks breaks, 2 per 20 over innings I think so every 6 or 7 overs lol (also known as script breaks by those gambling lol)

at least in the UK domestic T20 sides only have 75 mins to bowl their 20 overs and get runs penalties if they dont, games last 2hr40, IPHell (and BigBash and a few other franchise tournaments, plus internationals take an hour more a lot of the time!)

It's starting to filter down though. I was at a Southern Premier League T20 game last Sunday that was all but 3 hours despite the team bowling first bowling 17-18 overs in the first hour!

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site

Acc to rules, IPL over rate is 14 with the final over to be started by 90th min... so if u factor in timeout, it is probably an extra min per over. It is a commercial entertainment, so it is expected that they will maximise it.

https://www.iplt20.com/about/code-o...orting-and-disciplinary-process-and-sanctions

Kohli just got fined for the last match. A couple more and he will face a match ban. A bit harsher (from an entertainment POV)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Acc to rules, IPL over rate is 14 with the final over to be started by 90th min... so if u factor in timeout, it is probably an extra min per over. It is a commercial entertainment, so it is expected that they will maximise it.

https://www.iplt20.com/about/code-o...orting-and-disciplinary-process-and-sanctions

Kohli just got fined for the last match. A couple more and he will face a match ban. A bit harsher (from an entertainment POV)

Thats the problem, its far too commercial entertainment and far too little real sport

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It's starting to filter down though. I was at a Southern Premier League T20 game last Sunday that was all but 3 hours despite the team bowling first bowling 17-18 overs in the first hour!

Its ridiculous it really is, I remember playing 20 over games at decent club level starting at 6.15 and being in the bar for 8.30!!!!!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well the mighty Essex managed to hang on and another trophy secured :)

Shame it came down to a draw and being decided on first inns lead (thanks to Cooks stunning inns), have to feel a bit for Somerset , Lammonby played great (def one to watch) and thought Gregory was superb with the ball on a very flat Lords deck. Leach being a bit rusty made it very hard to bowl Essex out at the end

Tongo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well the mighty Essex managed to hang on and another trophy secured :)

Shame it came down to a draw and being decided on first inns lead (thanks to Cooks stunning inns), have to feel a bit for Somerset , Lammonby played great (def one to watch) and thought Gregory was superb with the ball on a very flat Lords deck. Leach being a bit rusty made it very hard to bowl Essex out at the end

Essex's ascent from the second division to being the dominant red ball team in England is astonishing. It's their sort of story that makes the County Championship infinitely more interesting than any 8 team franchise league.

If things are somewhere back to normal next season i will make an effort to go and watch them at some point.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Best fielding save of all time that, so good. T20 has had a remarkable effect on the standard of the fielding, can’t get away with being lazy or poor in the field anymore, standards and expectations are so high.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
one stunning moment in amongst the scripted reality again today lol

lump it for me, ill take the sport that was at lords thanks

It does not have to be binary choice... Franchise T20 is a rising tide that has helped lift the standards across all formats. 5 years ago this was unthinkable. While Test cricket gets a thumbs up, T20 has widened the net for a lot of players that might have never had the opportunity to make a living.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
Yep my son loves the IPL and T20 stuff, he also loves the test match and one day stuff. He really enjoyed the Netflix Documentary on the Mumbai Indians as did I.

Heck I love all cricket.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watching Sam Curran in the IPL CSK team has been a revelation.... Of all the English folks out there, i think he will benefit to the most - working under Dhoni will do him wonders. Some superb death bowling from him. Also interesting to see him open..

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
yeah of the 2 guys we have in the England side who dont want to open currently lets try and convince one of them to want to too lol

hes fine where he is, will happily be in the middle order for England once the circus is over

With the 2021 WC in view.. i thnk it is a good thing to see if he can do that slot for England

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
With the 2021 WC in view.. i thnk it is a good thing to see if he can do that slot for England

opening ? why?

Bairstow, Buttler, Hales, Banton, Malan, Clarke all want to open, Morgan wants to bat in the middle order, balance of the team far better with Stokes in the middle too based on the lack of others who can/want to

thats without mentioning workload!