“Are you not entertained?”

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just for lighthearted kicks I wonder if we can all try to fit a famous movie quote into our golf this weekend, here's a couple to choose from but please add your ideas for scenario and suggested quote to the thread

You hit a big slice/hook then shout: ”Help me, Obi-Wan Kenobi. You're my only hope.”

You find your ball after 2:59 seconds: “My precious”

You hole a long putt: “Are you not entertained?”

You win the side bet: “Show me the money”

Your PP asks if you think it’s a 7 or an 8: ”You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?”

Your PP hits a big slice/hook: “To infinity and beyond!”

Your PP goes to tend the flag: ”If you let that flagstick go now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you. But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.”

Naturally some will work even better with a bit of an accent or some posturing but that should all add to the fun. Over to you...

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
You were only meant to blow the bloody doors off

I dont give a damn

The only couple that I can recall but struggling to see where I'll fit these in 🤔

shortgame

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Guiding a newbie through the rules and etiquette...

“Ezekiel 25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness"

Losing that brand new Srixon..

"Z's dead baby!"

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Do, or do not. There is no “try”. – Yoda, from Star Wars

Oh yes, the past can hurt. But you can either run from it, or learn from it. – Rafiki, from The Lion King

It’s what you do right now that makes a difference. – from Black Hawk Down

I always felts a mans grip on his club is just like his grip on his world - Bagger Vance

Stop thinking, let things happen and be the ball - Caddyshack

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Too many swing thoughts - "It can get you into a lot of trouble, thinking, Harold - I wouldn't do so much of it." (Snatch)

When someone 'bends' the rules - "Was it legal? Absolutely not!" (Wolf of Wall Street)

Not a film but there's a recurring line in Arrested Development where they say "I've made a huge mistake." I could probably say that ten times a round.

Could quote half the script from Tin Cup but that feels like cheating. :sneaky:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Member 1156

Did anyone see where my ball went - "You can't handle the truth!"
I was thinking about this one but came up with.....

When you take 5 but tell your opponent you took 4 and he asks are you sure it wasn't 5?

"You can't handle the truth!" :ROFLMAO:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
"my god its huge" from various "adult education" films as I duck hook another ball into woods

Last edited:

Visit site
PXG. The very best there is. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every (mod edit)in the room, accept no substitutes.

Samuel L Jackson - Ordell Robbie

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Please note that quotes that contain swearing or asterisks that hide swearing, will not be tolerated and infraction points will be given out to any perps

Thank you for keeping the forum a nice place 👍

ArnoldArmChewer

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pretty much describes any shot and or part of my game :

The only word the bad guy says in the whole of spectre as he disappears out of the train

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
When the PP takes his time, but can also be shouted along the fairway to the group ahead:
I feel the need, the need for speed!

Or for the robot wars generation leading into every shot:
5 4 3 2 1 activate
(Can also be tried on the range)