£800K for this???!!!

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Listening on the radio the other night and apparently THIS website cost just shy of £1m to put together! :eek:

Aside from it being a poor looking website visually, why the need to translate it into slang??

Where is the "Yoof" translation bruv?

Bad enough feeling the need to translate it into so many foreign languages. Does anyone actually read in that form?

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Nor suprised by this at all, a couple of year ago they spent £125k on a new slogan to greet visitors to Scotland, the slogan was "Welcome to Scotland". You couldn;t make it up !

Visit site
I design and build sites and could have done that in a few hours. I'd be sitting on a beach right now sipping cocktails with a massive grin on my face if I'd been paid £1m for a site like that.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I design and build sites and could have done that in a few hours. I'd be sitting on a beach right now sipping cocktails with a massive grin on my face if I'd been paid £1m for a site like that.

Feel free to PM me a list of sites you've done, I have 600+ domains waiting for sites to be built on them.

John_Findlay

Tour Winner
Visit site
MSPs on another jolly with our money. They don't have a clue. Bunch of amateurs let loose in a sweetshop with no parents to smack them when they've been naughty. This sort of thing borders on criminal and negligent misuse of taxpayers money, as did the Parliament building and the trams.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Correct J_F couldn't run a piss up in a brewery,that tram system in Edinboro looks a total disaster ,Princess Street has been ruined. The last time we were thru everything was shut due to a power cut, seemingly it happens all the time a beautiful city center ruined IMO.

CrapHacker

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Nor suprised by this at all, a couple of year ago they spent £125k on a new slogan to greet visitors to Scotland, the slogan was "Welcome to Scotland". You couldn;t make it up !

I could have - I'm quite good with slogans.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I always though the convoy of double decker buses rumbling through the city centre with their fumes spewing out ruined it.
I haven't been following the progress of the tram system, but if it can do away with them, then I'm for it.

But back to the original point. This isn't a Scottish problem. It's inherent in the system nationwide. You need only think of The Millenium Dome, The Olympics budget or the Chilcot enquiry going on at the moment. Campbell showed it for the farce it is yesterday.
Our money is being squandered daily in all parts of the public sector.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not quite sure why our English friends are getting their knickers in a twist about anyway.
It's our money and we shall do with it what we wish.
Unless we're going to get into the boring subject of what's our fair share of the central government expenditure.

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not quite sure why our English friends are getting their knickers in a twist about anyway.
It's our money and we shall do with it what we wish.
Unless we're going to get into the boring subject of what's our fair share of the central government expenditure.

A little overly defensive!!??

You, along with most, obviously have a good grasp of how to write in English AF, so who is the "Scots" translation they have put on there aimed at?? Surely it's not necessary to feed the "wee Jock McPlop" stereotype