you're going to like this... PING Pro-Am Challenge

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is GM.... There WILL certainly be some of the above

One of THE most amazing nights of my life ever last year....watching the Ryder Cup European comeback on the big screen in Gainsborough Golf club, free bar, great company, great Craic, necking the whisky's after we won.....watching Bluewolf break his ankle on the stumble on the hill back to the hotel.......you can't buy memories like that!!! The only thing that spoilt it was not being able to find a kebab van!! .......if Carlsberg did GM meets.........:thup:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Distance no problems for an event like this ,its only 7 hrs drive ,a great chance to play with a tour pro its a no brainer to be honest.

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Normally speaking when these things come up so far away from where i live id say great opportunity but i can't make it.

however this time im all in. I never win anything and i have the golf game and moth filled trophyless mantle piece to prove that. But my names in the hat.

Whee

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Distance no problems for an event like this ,its only 7 hrs drive ,a great chance to play with a tour pro its a no brainer to be honest.

Fully agree - 7 hour flight for me, but there'd be no hesitation! A world class opportunity.

Could you imagine the first tee nerves? Haha, cracking.

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Even got the logistics sorted if I decide not to drive down, makes a long haul but a couple of days away from the wife and weans :D ...

1) Megabus on the Monday from Edinburgh to Sheffield to visit my brother.
2) Train Tuesday from Sheffield to Gainsborough Lea Road
3) Taxi to the club.

Then do 2 & 3 in reverse on Tuesday night and Megabus back to Edinburgh on Wednesday. Current cost is about £60 all in... just need my name to be drawn now. ;)

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yet another great event by GM & was seriously thinking about throwing my hat in , until I looked on the map !, 4hr drive and over 200miles away is a little bit to far. shame it looks great though.
That's two I a row I have not entered !don't tell rooter !! ;)

You wouldn't drive 200 miles for this?! get your self home, sit in front of the mirror and have a chat with yourself. go the night before, take the Mrs, get up early! blimey, darthVega flew from Glasgow to LHR, stayed overnight to go to the TM day at wentworth. Thats commitment! Man up son.;)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
You wouldn't drive 200 miles for this?! get your self home, sit in front of the mirror and have a chat with yourself. go the night before, take the Mrs, get up early! blimey, darthVega flew from Glasgow to LHR, stayed overnight to go to the TM day at wentworth. Thats commitment! Man up son.;)

Yes, and Big Slice drove down from Scotland to Studley Wood in Oxfordshire for the Adams day. Man up Golfsaint ;)

D

Deleted member 17920

Entry done. Its 14 miles from my house so yes please.;)

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm gutted why does work always get in the way of great opportunities :(.
What you need is a boss like I have. Last night after work I sat down with my boss, poured him a couple of large brandies and explained the situation that I would need a couple of days off if selected. My boss as always was brilliant and very understanding in fact I think he might be the best boss in the world. Said no problem and to take all the time off I wanted then had another brandy.
The fact that I am self employed and had this conversation with myself made it a whole lot easier to get the time off.

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What you need is a boss like I have. Last night after work I sat down with my boss, poured him a couple of large brandies and explained the situation that I would need a couple of days off if selected. My boss as always was brilliant and very understanding in fact I think he might be the best boss in the world. Said no problem and to take all the time off I wanted then had another brandy.
The fact that I am self employed and had this conversation with myself made it a whole lot easier to get the time off.

Likewise, managed to convince myself to enter, but I still have to have the chat with the real boss - my wife :whistle:

Fader

Tour Winner
Visit site
Door to Door 200miles exactly. Or 2hr 45mins on 2 seperate trains...

So 400 miles round trip.. I'm happy to do that to get a shot at this.