Your Greatest Ever Shot (To Date)

Ndw7

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It was one of my firsts comps of last season and I saw my mate in the club shop before hand. He'd told me he'd scored 42 points so I replied with "what's the point of the rest of us trying when people like you score 40 points all the time!"

I'd been working hard all winter at improving my ball striking and I was confident of getting a good score. My front 9 was ok, but my back 9 was something else. I parred 10, 12, 13, and 14, but had boggied 11 which saw me one over par for the back 9 so far. I then made a mess of both 15 and 16 but managed to scramble a point on each.

I managed to compose myself on the 17th tee, a 190 yard par 3. Pulled out a 4 hybrid and put a nice smooth swing on it. It finished less than a foot from the hole and I managed to sink the birdie putt. I'm convinced that was my best shot to date. I then went on to par our par 5 18th.

It dawned on me afterwards that I'd played the back 9 at 5 over par, with 5 of those shots coming on 15 and 16! 😂

I scored 44 points to beat my mate and everyone wanted to shoot me afterwards. I was playing off 25 at the time and came in with 7 pars, 1 birdie, 5 boggies, and 5 doubles! Still my best round ever and I've still not come close to it yet!

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
My favourite(s) both came on the same day.

Last october me n bro played the Brabazon. At the time my driving had been my strongest point but the day before I'd had a shocker with it for the entire round (on a muni) until my final drive of the day.

Got out to the tee and there were 12 guys who'd turned up early so decided to give us a crowd. Knees knocking managed to stick one straight down the middle and that set the tone. Thought that would be good enough for me and set off with a smile on my face.

Came me to the 10th, was playing well, if it was a comp I'd probably have laid up. But as was only there for the day I had to try it. Managed to hit front fringe which slowed it down and held it on upper shelf. Flag was at the back and although the eagle putt went a foot past. I was chuffed with the birdie!

S

Snelly

Played three years ago in Toulouse. Found a shallow fairway bunker from the tee on a par 5. Hit a 3 wood out of the trap, moved it about 60 yards left to right, curving around a copse of trees in front of the green and it finished about 15 feet from the pin.

Without doubt my best golf shot ever. Called it before I did it, couldn't have done it again in another 20 tries I don't think, maybe even 50 tries. Have never forgotten it.

Another good one that lived long in the memory was driving the 16th green at Tandridge and putting the ball to about 2 feet for a tap in eagle. Only decent shot I hit that day as I recall!

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
4ft par saving putt many years ago to win our scratch cup for the first time, with the first ever under par score in the comp and for my first competitive under par round. For me at least, it couldn't have gotten much bigger with that lot on the line.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A 300 yard hole in one with a Driver.

The pin was in a tricky spot on a split level green so the tee shot had to land on an area of approx 5 sq yds. to remain on the green and near the pin.
As soon as I hit it I knew it was close but because of the split level we did not know it was in until we reached the green.

D

Deleted Member 1156

How did you know! Amazing place quite windy-How did you get on when you played there?

I'll go one better because I'm a smart arse......the 9th? I played it the right way, 4 iron and wedge then sunk the putt :D

D

Deleted Member 1156

Mine was nothing special, a simple 8 iron into the middle of the 18th green at Southampton Muni. I was 1up in the final of the summer KO and my oppo had just missed the green down a steep bank on the right so all I had to do was make par for my first ever club 'major'. Hit it to about 15 feet for a straightforward 2 putt to win. Stood over the ball I was absolutely crapping myself but hit exactly the shot I wanted.

lukeysafc100

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember playing a pairs Matchplay. We had just lost the first hole - and they put there tee shots to 5 and 8ft - (135 yard par 3). Me and my partner just looked and thought we're in for a tonking here!
I stepped up and hit the sweetest pitching wedge - over the top of the flag onto the bank little bank (anyone aware of brancepeth knows that's the best way to play the 2nd hole) - rolled down (clear backspin) onto the green and into the hole. The shear excitement was amazing! I went onto chip in twice and hole two good birdies that round - won 3&2.
the guys said I should of put the lottery on that night!

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
I'll go one better because I'm a smart arse......the 9th? I played it the right way, 4 iron and wedge then sunk the putt :D

Oooh look at you, Mr safeplay.....:ears:

I hit 3 wood into the second bunker on the right, Then hit my second over the green into the long bunker on the other side of the green. On the green in 3 and 2 putts for a bogey..... Should have gone 4 iron, wedge :p

I know that I am biased being from South Africa but I would urge all of you to go over and play. Fantastic country, cheap golf in some amazing places!

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Drove a 400 yard par 4. Downhill and strong wind, but never struck a ball with such a good flight.

Didn't manage the eagle putt, but I never do.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
One I always remember when playing the hole was on out 16th which has over hanging pine trees down the left side of the fairway, It was a mixed foursomes and my partner put me under the branches about 140 yards fro the green. I hit a 5iron which didn't rise more than about 5 feet and finished 3 feet from the flag.

D

Deleted member 16999

Today for me, 260yd Drive down Par 5 16th, 210yd 3 Wood to back centre of green, 28ft putt for my first Eagle, creamed both Driver and 3 Wood but never expected the putt to drop, was hoping for a tap in birdie and it sailed straight in.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Today for me, 260yd Drive down Par 5 16th, 210yd 3 Wood to back centre of green, 28ft putt for my first Eagle, creamed both Driver and 3 Wood but never expected the putt to drop, was hoping for a tap in birdie and it sailed straight in.

That's very precise Paul, are you sure it wasn't only 27 feet? ;)

Nice work Sir! :D

D

Deleted member 16999

That's very precise Paul, are you sure it wasn't only 27 feet? ;)

Nice work Sir! :D
Got me stats off me Game Golf, was so pleased to get my first ever eagle on a Par 5, I tagged the hole so I could measure the putt ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

One of my 6 hole in ones :D ( just for Gordon )

Prob the best was in our invitational last year playing with the Bro In Law

Playing our signature hole - downhill right par three - nice smooth 7 iron landed just behind the pin about two feet then span back into the hole

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I've hit a lot of great shots, but the ones that pleased me the most were the ones I called before playing. Had to hit a massive draw on our 7th as I was blocked out by a tree. I told my PP's I was aiming at the 8th tee and would move it back. Took the hybrid aimed at the tee and hit a Bubba like shot that moved at least twenty yards in the air, pitched short, ran onto the green and followed the contours to nestle four feet away. Cue a very smug smile walking up to green. Less so when I missed the birdie putt

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
My 2 hole in ones were both really good shots but a 4 iron at Blackmoor to, about a 190 yard, par 3 whilst playing with Smiffy will stick in my mind as a really sweetly hit long iron.

S

Snelly

Mine was nothing special, a simple 8 iron into the middle of the 18th green at Southampton Muni. I was 1up in the final of the summer KO and my oppo had just missed the green down a steep bank on the right so all I had to do was make par for my first ever club 'major'. Hit it to about 15 feet for a straightforward 2 putt to win. Stood over the ball I was absolutely crapping myself but hit exactly the shot I wanted.

very cool.