Your 6 Iron swing speed & the shaft you play....

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
98mph and use DG X200 shafts.

SS measured a little while back though with a 6 iron but would have thought about the same. Trackman fitting at Mizzy.
Had my driver done a couple of months ago.

credman82

Medal Winner
Visit site
For me the distances are pretty spot on of course there are the miss hits and shanks, but I generaly strike the ball pretty well buti tend to blow up on the course played at auchmill yesterday and hit the 175 par 3 with 7 and the 188 par three with my 6. It is different hitting on a computer but it is a means to an end and you get all of the relevant info you need to make an informed choice.

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What was the speed and what are you using Swinger?

Using an Adila NV Protopype 80 X.

Had my driver SS done at a bridgestone ball fitting day. Hit three sets of balls with no warm up.
The averages from each set were.

The ball speed seemed a little down but was using a different driver which I'm not too keen on, did crunch a fair few but one or two were not that great.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com

The ball speed seemed a little down but was using a different driver which I'm not too keen on, did crunch a fair few but one or two were not that great.

12mph more on your swing speed and you'd be the World Long Drive Champion and be RICH (currently swings at 146mph I believe)

what was your ball speed?

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site

Had my driver SS done at a bridgestone ball fitting day. Hit three sets of balls with no warm up.

Would love to have witnessed this.

credman82

Medal Winner
Visit site

The ball speed seemed a little down but was using a different driver which I'm not too keen on, did crunch a fair few but one or two were not that great.[/QUOTE]
Are these club head speeds or ball speeds???

Swinger

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
12mph more on your swing speed and you'd be the World Long Drive Champion and be RICH (currently swings at 146mph I believe)

what was your ball speed?

Ball speed was well down. think the averages were only 180 to 185ish. I think the optimum for than clubhead speed is about 192 - 195ish.

I do have a new shaft on it's way I'm thinking of using a little longer than standard to see what difference it'll make. My drivers are all 44.75 or under at present.
The last ball he gave me to try was a harder ball and the ball speed (and distance and carry) all improved a fair bit but that was more of a fun experiment that the fitter wanted to do. E7 I think it was. Still down on the optimum though.

m9wst

Head Pro
Visit site
Had my fitting on the mizuno dna wotsit. SS 77mph, recommendations were KBS, DG, PX regular, PX was the clear winner but then out on the range the pro chucked in a PX 5.5 and this improved things again so thats what i went for.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Ball speed was well down. think the averages were only 180 to 185ish. I think the optimum for than clubhead speed is about 192 - 195ish.

I do have a new shaft on it's way I'm thinking of using a little longer than standard to see what difference it'll make. My drivers are all 44.75 or under at present.
The last ball he gave me to try was a harder ball and the ball speed (and distance and carry) all improved a fair bit but that was more of a fun experiment that the fitter wanted to do. E7 I think it was. Still down on the optimum though.

The World long drive champ has a fastest ball speed of 222mph, so best you get yourself a 5 degree 'GEEK' driver with some kind of snazzy shaft and get yourself out to the USA :)

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site

I would have thought 98mph was low for a 6 iron if you swing a driver that fast. I can get my 6 up to 98 but I've never been beyond 122 with a driver.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Still swinging well within yourself then? :eek:

D

Deleted Member 1156

Woohoo I love these type of threads :D

My willy is bigger than your willy.........

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I'll assume you're addressing me given no-one has quoted higher than my 92mph average.
What, pray tell, is so unbelievable about a cat 1 golfer with a swing speed of 92 with a six. Do you expect it to be similar to yours? I play with a lot of low cat 4 players and their swing speeds are considerably slower than my own - no surprise. Low 90s is nothing special.

No, there's plenty of 80+ & 90+ above and how "pray tell" would I know you were a Cat 1 golfer and who you play with, and what relevance does that have anyway? I'd take something for that paranoia if I were you...

Its just another excuse for a willy waving topic IMO :smirk:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Smooth tempo, early release.

Sounds like a R300XP.

My tempo is the worse figure showing at 3 but my Kick Angle & Release Factor were my best with 8 & 9 respectively. The Toe Down figure of 5 was a slight concern.

KBS Tour Regular was advised

Mike_j_golf

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Fitted 3 times.
First Time got the 6 iron up to 104 he wanted me to get Project x 7.0 shafts. i Opted for 6.0.
Next 2 time i went 97/98 MPH and i stuck with the Project x 6.0's just felt that with the 6.5 i had to hit a full shot or it was like a poker plus i'm getting older.
Topped out with the driver at 124 average is 114.
mike