Your 6 Iron swing speed & the shaft you play....

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I assume we want real numbers not GM or WRX ones? :D

88-89 avg / PX6.0

The 5.5 actually felt better to me but the 6.0 gave better results.

DAVEYBOY

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
100Mph with a 4 iron when I was fitted a month back hence my new hybrid shaft. Unfortunatly ill be stuck with the reg shafts in my irons till I'm fitted for some new ones :mmm:

lyden

Head Pro
Visit site
96mph with r300s on trackman. I'm a flipper through impact which I suppose proves if your strong enough you can still generate speed with poor technique. The pro at my place is 90mph but hits it further than me. My speed will drop when I get the shaft lean working.

Andy-uk

Hacker
Visit site
try the project x 95 (only 100g. lighter then the r300) 5.5 play like an s300 but the shaft is very light you can feel the head straight through the swing.i switched 3 months ago and gained 15 yes, 15 yds with each iron 150 club is now a 9 iron!

credman82

Medal Winner
Visit site
Hi not really got a clue what my swing speed is for my 6 iron my driver is 102 ish but I got fitted for the KBS ctaper stiff, ilove them as im a bit spinny with some other shafts. Happy hunting

Jdb2005

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hi not really got a clue what my swing speed is for my 6 iron my driver is 102 ish but I got fitted for the KBS ctaper stiff, ilove them as im a bit spinny with some other shafts. Happy hunting

Ctaper are tidy looking shafts, I love mine

G1BB0

Money List Winner
Visit site
god knows but a flushed 6 iron is 170 ish yds but average around 160 or 50 when fatted :p

KBS Tour Reg from my TM fitting, stiff went ok but reg just felt a tad better so I assume I am in the middle speed wise.

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
My irons are regliar, and are what came with them, not much choice on shafts when buying from ebay.

No idea what my swing speed is with any club.

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Got my fitting at gamola golf in Aberdeen. I hit my 6 185-190 the satin finish on the clubs looks the mut's.

Did the distance/ball flight shown on their computer/trackman match what you now see in real life? I had a session in there but I really dislike not seeing the actual ball fly...