Your 6 Iron swing speed & the shaft you play....

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not sure about my 6 iron... But i have a 7 iron swing speed of 86 mph..... And i have Dynamic Gold S300 shafts in my irons.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
ave 86 with a 6 iron. Driver, currently, 102. Tends to depend on how the back is feeling. Sometimes I'm just punting it, others its Mr angry Hobbit.

and it was measured by Trackman when fitted for TM Mc/MB's... measured again during a lesson at the turn of the year. Stiffs didn't work too well, felt like I had to work them too much, so I've gone with Nippon 105's reg. Works for me.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Oh my, some swing speeds on here resemble forum driving distances :smirk:

Had my DNA stats done at AG for the MP54's on Tuesday and although nursing a slightly bad back, my stats were

76. 3. 5. 8. 9

the smiling assassin

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Oh my, some swing speeds on here resemble forum driving distances :smirk:

Had my DNA stats done at AG for the MP54's on Tuesday and although nursing a slightly bad back, my stats were

76. 3. 5. 8. 9

I'll assume you're addressing me given no-one has quoted higher than my 92mph average.
What, pray tell, is so unbelievable about a cat 1 golfer with a swing speed of 92 with a six. Do you expect it to be similar to yours? I play with a lot of low cat 4 players and their swing speeds are considerably slower than my own - no surprise. Low 90s is nothing special.

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
:rofl:

Love that Homer has been called out about his swing speed. :rofl:

He's not the type to lie though..... he's too damn honest (to the point of being overcritical) about his game.

groundskeeperwilly

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Thanks for all the input. Interesting to see that the 2nd fastest swing @ 91mph is on a regular which is the same as guys at 10mph less. Same for the Nippon shafts with a 10 mph difference between the fastest/slowest swings. I know that there are more subtleties to fitting for a shaft then speed such as tempo, loading the shaft etc and I guess numbers below back up their importance as well as speed.

92mph - KBS STIFF
91mph - Ping REGULAR
90ish mph - KBS STIFF
88mph - Dynamic Gold SL S300
86mph - KBS C Taper Stiff
86ish mph - Project X 5.5
86mph - Dynamic Gold S300
84-86 mph - Nippon 105 Regular
83 mph - KBS STIFF
82mph - Ping Stiff
79mph - Ping REGULAR
76 mph - Nippon NS Pro950 Gh Regular
70/75mph - True Temper Dynamic Gold R300

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
96mph last time I checked on flightscope. I was recommended Project X 6.5 or Dynamic Gold X100 by the swing DNA thing but played around with a few shafts and actually got the best results with Nippon NS Pro GH Tour 1150 in stiff and they weren't anywhere near what I was recommended. I've also gone from an extra stiff driver shaft to a heavy stiff one and have had better results since switching.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I have 4 sets of irons, with different shafts in. I can't honestly say it makes any difference to me. Kbs tour 90 stiff, s300, r300, and what ever is in my Nikes. Even at titleist for a c/f there was no discernable difference between the r300 and the s300.

Driver swing speed is around 100. No idea about the 6i.