" You are playing better than your h/c"

Baldy Bouncer

Blackballed
Visit site
What kind of scores are you talking about?

The belfry is full of bandits to the extent that myself and daveyboy are going to withdraw from all comps next year. Below are some examples of what i class as a bandit

Recent match play. Shaking hands on the 11th as my opponent was off 24 and was level gross after 9

Club champs. Course set up impossible and see's a guy shoot 7 under his hanicap.

That`ll show `em

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Belfry do it that way, are you sure. ESRs are triggered by the handicap software usually after a second consecutive good round. They are not controlled by a person.
Your good rounds don't need to be consecutive, just two in a certain time period, ?four months, ?six months

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
What kind of scores are you talking about?

The belfry is full of bandits to the extent that myself and daveyboy are going to withdraw from all comps next year. Below are some examples of what i class as a bandit

Recent match play. Shaking hands on the 11th as my opponent was off 24 and was level gross after 9

Club champs. Course set up impossible and see's a guy shoot 7 under his hanicap.

The problem with high handicappers is that their scores are highly variable, a bunch of shots under one week, a cricket score above the next. Mostly the scores will be close to handicap, but occasionally a long way from handicap.

But level par after 9, so around 11 to 13 shots (depending on SSS) inside handicap after 9 holes, would be amazingly low probability that either the player is rapidly improving and their handicap falling like a stone, or they have a dodgy handicap.

That would be 30 Stableford points over 9 holes. Never ever seen that before.

I would refer it to the handicap secretary and ask him to enquire from CONGU about the probability of a 24 handicapper scoring 30 points over 9 holes.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The problem with high handicappers is that their scores are highly variable, a bunch of shots under one week, a cricket score above the next. Mostly the scores will be close to handicap, but occasionally a long way from handicap.

But level par after 9, so around 11 to 13 shots (depending on SSS) inside handicap after 9 holes, would be amazingly low probability that either the player is rapidly improving and their handicap falling like a stone, or they have a dodgy handicap.

That would be 30 Stableford points over 9 holes. Never ever seen that before.

I would refer it to the handicap secretary and ask him to enquire from CONGU about the probability of a 24 handicapper scoring 30 points over 9 holes.

I watched my mate compile 28 points front 9. He then stopped swinging back 9 and tried to guide the ball home. Just got over the line for the win. Won with a 42 I think.

That was 3 years ago. He was off low 20's at the time. Been cut since to 15. He hasn't played great all this year but we get a watsapp msg after 9holes two weeks ago to say he was 1 over through 9. He managed to get it home in 2over for +3 total.

It was off the yellows in s bounce game but these freak rounds do happen.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Should get confirmation Weds but hoping to go down to 26.4.

you are responsible for reducing your own handicap in respect of Q scores - the minute you returned your card your handicap changes in relation to SSS. In the case of competitions it then gets either confirmed or adjusted when CSS is published.

congratulations

I can see that par is 66 but I can't find the SSS of your course? I would have estimated it at 60 which, if you were off 28.0, would make you 25.6 (26) now.

Sir Scoop-A-Lot

Head Pro
Visit site
you are responsible for reducing your own handicap in respect of Q scores - the minute you returned your card your handicap changes in relation to SSS. In the case of competitions it then gets either confirmed or adjusted when CSS is published.

congratulations

I can see that par is 66 but I can't find the SSS of your course? I would have estimated it at 60 which, if you were off 28.0, would make you 25.6 (26) now.

Oh I see, I didnt know that. I thought the handicap secretary had to confirm the card, etc. And yes after much debate I can confirm the SSS is now 60 (on the cards it says 62 but it is a long story) so 25.6 it is.

Happy days!!

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Oh I see, I didnt know that. I thought the handicap secretary had to confirm the card, etc. And yes after much debate I can confirm the SSS is now 60 (on the cards it says 62 but it is a long story) so 25.6 it is.

Happy days!!
You are responsible for adjusting it down - against CSS if known or SSS if CSS is not known.

You have to wait for publication of results for upward adjustments though.