H/C Change

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
I finished last season with a H/C of 11.1. Due to many reasons I never got to play much last season. I've just signed up to a new club and they have transferred my H/C and have it at 9.4. Can this be right? How can this happen? Should it not travel in the opposite direction due to my lack of play?

AJNairn

Visit site
Why has it changed? I wouldn't expect simply 'lack of play' to affect handicap at all - it's results that count! Definitely worth checking though!

chico

Club Champion
Visit site
Why has it changed? I wouldn't expect simply 'lack of play' to affect handicap at all - it's results that count! Definitely worth checking though!
I honestly don't know, just spent time sorting stuff at new club and that's what they've downloaded.
Not a big deal to be honest as I plan to play a lot of golf this year. By August I think my h/c will be a truer reflection of my ability, and I don't think I'll be single figures.

wjemather

Visit site
A handicap index cannot change without scores being changed/added/removed.

I see you are in Scotland, so there could be a simple explanation...

Scottish Golf migrated to a different WHS software provider late last year into early this year, and there have been a number of reports that scores have gone missing during the migration. It sounds like your handicap record could be one of those affected. If you raise it with your club handicap committee, they should be able to resolve it with Scottish Golf.