Yet another slow play thread ...

Wolf

Visit site
Well this might come to a head if your committee pp has any sway .
But I find committees try to please everyone but actually please nobody.
We have issues like this but nothing we do is working short of naming and shaming I can’t see an answer.
But accusing you of dangerous play is bang out of order and could lead to arguments.
I'm not going to pursue further as far as I'm concerned my PP has resolved it and if he wishes to take that to committee that's up to him.

I do often wonder what happens in the committees though with regards to addressing issues.

sunshine

Visit site
Maybe, but I have seen someone shoot 51 / 34 in a medal before with several birdies and an ace! :D

Haha I've done this. 51/34 on a par 35 nine holer. It was one of my cards for a handicap as well, the handicap secretary must have scratched his head!

sunshine

Visit site
I'm not going to pursue further as far as I'm concerned my PP has resolved it and if he wishes to take that to committee that's up to him.

I do often wonder what happens in the committees though with regards to addressing issues.

Bet they got back to the clubhouse and told everyone about your dangerous play. By the time they left, the story had probably been embellished to include how the ball missed her by inches and how you threatened her with violence :ROFLMAO:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Why is it needed then be mentioned that they were ladies?

Because that's what they were. They set off over an hour earlier.

Played a fourball today 4 HR and 45 minutes following 4 senior fossils. I can say seniors coz at 55 I am a senior fossil. The youngest in our fourball. Walking down our 18th a guy walked straight past me. Frightened the bloody life outta me. He was in the three ball behind us. I apologised for the slow play. He said " I know it's not you four, my PP have been moaning like the clappers for the whole of the back nine coz they were stuck behind them last week". He had to finish his comp round a hole early coz he had to pick kids up from school. The four seniors, they were 3 holes behind the fourball in front.

Wolf

Visit site
Why is it needed then be mentioned that they were ladies?
Because that's who we were behind today and context was used to explain the course was closed and we allowed time between it reopening and starting our rounds. You'll also note in one of my replies I say it just happens in this instance it was ladies but could have been anyone.

Should we stick to just generalising so as to make sure we don't offend everyone on here. To many people willing to jump on things rather than post a constructive response.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well this might come to a head if your committee pp has any sway .
But I find committees try to please everyone but actually please nobody.
We have issues like this but nothing we do is working short of naming and shaming I can’t see an answer.
But accusing you of dangerous play is bang out of order and could lead to arguments.

You better make sure of all the facts before naming and shaming it can very easily backfire if there's an unknown reason for the slowness.

Wolf

Visit site
What time did you finish?
At 15:45, 4 hours and 45 minutes for a round of golf may not be potentially slow to some people yet its not necessarily the time it's how many holes they lost which was at least 4 holes, fact there was an hours head start which was gone within 9 holes and the fact it held up play not just for my group but all those behind as well.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I could of missed this point, but I mentioned the guys we were stuck behind were 3 holes behind those in front. If the women in question were held up, fair dos. No arguement. But I have a feeling they were not just holding up play, but were not keeping up with play.

Tashyboy

Visit site
At 15:45, 4 hours and 45 minutes for a round of golf may not be potentially slow to some people yet its not necessarily the time it's how many holes they lost which was at least 4 holes, fact there was an hours head start which was gone within 9 holes and the fact it held up play not just for my group but all those behind as well.

Well bogger me ave just typed that 😂😂😂😂😂😂

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There not bothered about you or anyone behind you!

Wolf

Visit site
Well bogger me ave just typed that 😂😂😂😂😂😂

You weren't quick enough, the irony of that on a slow play thread 😂😂😂😂

There not bothered about you or anyone behind you!

You're not wrong, but it does seem to bother some forum members when you have a point about something and they want to be contrary 😂

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You weren't quick enough, the irony of that on a slow play thread 😂😂😂😂

You're not wrong, but it does seem to bother some forum members when you have a point about something and they want to be contrary 😂
Dosnt matter what you put someone will always defend them.
That’s the problem imo.
That’s why this issue is such a problem, nobody will admit their slow and there is always others to back them up.

Wolf

Visit site
That’s the problem imo.
That’s why this issue is such a problem, nobody will admit their slow and there is always others to back them up.
Amen to that.... Hence we will never have this issue solved.

Tashyboy

Visit site
That’s the problem imo.
It's a shame I could not hear what was said between the guy who walked past me and the fourball in front of us when he got to them.

Homer

Visit site

Way too slow whoever is in front of you. What did the club/pro shop say when you went in after 9 and/or 18 to report the situation?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Bet they got back to the clubhouse and told everyone about your dangerous play. By the time they left, the story had probably been embellished to include how the ball missed her by inches and how you threatened her with violence :ROFLMAO:

had a disagreement with a lady member 5 or 6 weeks ago which ended up with her complaining about us with a large dose of embellishment.

there was a ladies 9 hole comp on one morning and they had the tee reserved between 9.30 and 11. I was playing with my regular social 3 ball and we agreed to tee off at 9.15 to avoid the ladies.

The 6th and 7th are both par 5s which run parallel to each other. we were walking up the 7th as the first group of ladies were coming down the 6th. One of them came marching over to us and started on a rant about how men are not allowed on the course when there is a ladies comp on. I told her that she was wrong, the rule was that men cannot tee off when there is a ladies comp on. She was getting very heated, insisted she was right, and said she was going to put a complaint in about us. I told her to go ahead and gave her my name. I also offered to wait and let them play through if they wanted to even though they were a full hole behind us and were very unlikely to be held up by us during their 9 holes. A ludicrous offer, as we would have been waiting about 15 minutes for them to play through, but what the hell. Unsurprisingly she declined and stormed off back to her PPs who looked mortified.

When we finished our 18, I went into the pro shop and asked if she had been in to complain. The pro said that she had, but not to worry about it as we were right and she was wrong.

I thought that was the end of it until last week when another member told me she had also complained to a couple of committee members, and told them I had been abusive and had sworn at her (neither of which were true). I was surprised as no-one had informed me, but hopefully that just means that she has past form for this sort of thing and they did not take her complaint seriously.