Yardage between White & Yellow (& Red) Tees

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Was looking the the difference playing off the two tees at local place (as per measures on scorecard)

The whites add 768 yrds to the yellow course and SSS up 3 to 72 (or you can look at it vice versa)

Makes it an entirely different course to play

To include the ladies into the thread the reds are 772 yards in front of the yellow with an SSS 2 over the yellow at 71

Incidentally there's a Black (back tee) that adds a whopping 1,422 yrds onto the distance off the yellow with another 3 added to SSS (now up to 75) (now a silly season course)

The course I used to play you'd be lucky to see 10 yards a hole between white & yellow & often both would be located on the same tee box

cookelad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was looking the the difference playing off the two tees at local place (as per measures on scorecard)

The whites add 768 yrds to the yellow course and SSS up 3 to 72 (or you can look at it vice versa)

To include the ladies into the thread the reds are 772 yards in front of the yellow with an SSS 2 over the yellow at 71

Incidentally there's a Black (back tee) that adds a whopping 1,422 yrds onto the distance off the yellow with another 3 added to SSS (now up to 75) (now a silly season course)

The course I used to play you'd be lucky to see 10 yards a hole between white & yellow & often both would be located on the same tee box

Went round assisting the guy measuring the course at Aldersey Green a few years ago, basically that meant holding a pole with a big X attached at certain designated points on each hole, he said he would be measuring the whites from 2 yards forward from the back edge of each tee and the yellow from 10yards further forward, unless the yellows had a separate teeing area in which case he would do the 2 yards from the back of that area. So in theory the yellow course should be 180 yards shorter than the white, obviously it's never going to be the case as most newer courses have separate teeing grounds for each colour tee.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

sounds like its a modern day course with multiple teeing options, many courses now have red, yellow, white and blue with a few adding black, plus ladies comp tees colour?.

Ours is near enough stretched as far as it can be within current bounmdaries although there are plans for another 68 yards on whites to 6358, yellows 6118 but with SSS 69 on yellow as against 70 off whites.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
ours is an extra 200 yards then another 300 to the championship tees behind that.

what i like about it is about half of the holes there is a variation in the tee boxes placements as well as length
our par 3 5th has 4 different tee boxes ranging from 134 to 194 yards, and they all have slightly different angles into the green

some of the par 4s have variations in tee boxes that change the way the hole plays, hitting towards a bunker instead of away from it etc

makes things interesting

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Our whites have us on 6613yds which ios a good distance I feel for a club course (SS 72) - but other than maybe about 25yds on our 8th to take it to 340yds we are pretty much at our limit.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
ours is an extra 200 yards then another 300 to the championship tees behind that.

what i like about it is about half of the holes there is a variation in the tee boxes placements as well as length
our par 3 5th has 4 different tee boxes ranging from 134 to 194 yards, and they all have slightly different angles into the green

some of the par 4s have variations in tee boxes that change the way the hole plays, hitting towards a bunker instead of away from it etc

makes things interesting

Had a Cat1 h/cap mate who was a member of your place some years back - hit the ball miles - so I've played your track a lot over the years as I also lived in Bristol and love it.

stevie_r

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are 5732 off the yellows; off the whites it is an extra 551 and for the ladies it is 150 less.
SSS is W - 71, Y - 68 & R - 73.

On a couple of the holes you have a much easier tee shot from the whites for little extra yardage.

From the Yellows (no par 5's) there are par 4 holes of 435/ 464/ 395 which off the whites become par 5's of 517/ 524/ 496.

Medals and comps are played off the Black tees, they don't feature on the scorecard and probably add about 2 - 4 yards per hole; I can only presume the reason they exist is to provide a more pristine teeing area.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Our card states that the difference between the yellows & whites is only 197 yards, personally that's rubbish, 1 hole alone is over 50 yards! Not sure where the measurement is taken as our tee boxes can be quite long on some holes so the furthest back on a yellow to the closest on a white reduces massively!

At Staverton the average difference between the whites and the reds was 80yds per hole, sometimes they were well over 120yds, their card again states just over 1000yds but I had it around 1400yds!

CheltenhamHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
369 yards between my yellow and red!

I have found that it changes quite a lot the way you play 6 holes probably. The the other 12 are just the same shot that finishes shorter

bozza

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
On the card it's less than 200 yards between the Yellow and Whites but it all depends, the White tees stay in roughly the same place give or take 5 yards or so but the yellows get moved around a bit more as they get alot more use so need to me moved up and down the teeing area.

timchump

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Had a Cat1 h/cap mate who was a member of your place some years back - hit the ball miles - so I've played your track a lot over the years as I also lived in Bristol and love it.

it's a great course, didn't realise it to be honest when i joined, it was just my nearest the local club, i live in Burnham, went round a few times thought to myself this is pretty decent, then found a lot of other people think the same way

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site

As a 'Tourist' course, it has to cater for a much wider range of golfers and still provide n environment where they can enjoy their round.

I'd have thought there'd have been another set of Men's tees. In terms of variety, Ladies get a pretty raw deal.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
it's a great course, didn't realise it to be honest when i joined, it was just my nearest the local club, i live in Burnham, went round a few times thought to myself this is pretty decent, then found a lot of other people think the same way

My buddy lived in Burham - county standard golfer - not sure if he played for Somerset - but did for Nottinghamshire when younger. He was a member about 20yrs ago - could be a bloody-minded pain in the arse but great fun and a cracking golfer.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
As a 'Tourist' course, it has to cater for a much wider range of golfers and still provide n environment where they can enjoy their round.

I'd have thought there'd have been another set of Men's tees. In terms of variety, Ladies get a pretty raw deal.

My bold: I'd omitted to say that the ladies comp tee is combined with the men's yellow tee so measures the same as that