Would you name your house with a golf theme?

V

vkurup

Somedays I go walking around a Top 100 golf course. You cant fail to notice that houses down the road have golf related names... including Augusta, Pinehurst, Greenside, Links, Pond side (there is a pond between the house and GC)... I can see how some of these work away from that area...

If given an opportunity to buy or rename their current house, would the forumers go for a golf themed name and what would it be??

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never mind houses....

In another thread I mentioned the dilemma about double-barrelling surnames or not after getting married. We also had a discussion about coming up with an entirely new surname....

Mrs and Mrs Muirfield was (briefly) considered..... oh the irony!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
FD - Loving that. You know it makes sense.

I walk my dog around a decent sized estate and see a lot of house names. So many Lord of the Rings references it is ridiculous. Rivendell is the most popular. Quite a few Casa ....., doesn't quite work on an icy day in Northumberland. With the state of my garden I could probably call my house Chambers Bay.

If I ever won the lottery I would buy somewhere lovely and perhaps call it Sawgrass. The course I would most like to play I think.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never mind houses....

In another thread I mentioned the dilemma about double-barrelling surnames or not after getting married. We also had a discussion about coming up with an entirely new surname....

I'll be honest, I hate when couples double barrel names.

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd love to call my house Saunton.

However, not sure it would look great on a 3bed semi!

An estate, maybe....

D

Deleted member 16999

Never mind houses....

Mrs and Mrs Cypress-Point would kill 2 birds with one stone :rofl:

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Never mind houses....

Wonderful!

V

vkurup

Never mind houses....

Maybe I am the only one who hasnt got this one..