The all things EV chat thread

D

Deleted member 31467

There are 6 charging points at my local Tesco superstore. You can virtually guarantee every time I walk past there is some bellend in an ICE car parked there because they are close to the entrance :rolleyes:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There are 6 charging points at my local Tesco superstore. You can virtually guarantee every time I walk past there is some bellend in an ICE car parked there because they are close to the entrance :rolleyes:

This is the problem with society , all the good ideas and sensible plans are undone by selfish behaviour

Can be ev owners not charging or leaving them plugged in full then not returning or letting them charge on the rapids to 100% when after 90% the speeds rapidly drop off making that last 10% slower then the last 30%

Great ideas are let down by people

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
There is a Morrison's behind my work. The charging points, all 2 of them, are in a corner nowhere near the front. Only ever used by electric cars. The parent and child spaces near the door.............8 out of 10 users are adults with no child present 🤬🤬. People are morons 😡

D

Deleted member 31467

This is the problem with society , all the good ideas and sensible plans are undone by selfish behaviour

Can be ev owners not charging or leaving them plugged in full then not returning or letting them charge on the rapids to 100% when after 90% the speeds rapidly drop off making that last 10% slower then the last 30%

Great ideas are let down by people
I don't think Peugeot made an electric version of the 207 on a 57 plate 😂

HPIMG

Visit site
I changed my mind i will never got electric lol I tried to do first charge on wife’s car wanted the fast charge at local bp station couldn’t get the charger to work and people inside bp didn’t have a clue just said I think there working. Home charging is not getting fitted until Tuesday.
I could not be bothered with that but suppose everyone has a home charger.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I changed my mind i will never got electric lol I tried to do first charge on wife’s car wanted the fast charge at local bp station couldn’t get the charger to work and people inside bp didn’t have a clue just said I think there working. Home charging is not getting fitted until Tuesday.
I could not be bothered with that but suppose everyone has a home charger.

In my (albeit fairly limited) experience of public charging the BP stations are easily one of the least reliable so I wouldn’t judge all public charging on your experience with them.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The great electric car swindle continues:
⚡️ 20% less range than stated - Tesla Y fell 100 miles short
⚡️Batteries need 15% more power to charge than claimed
⚡️That means reliance on roadside charging - which can cost SIX TIMES more than home
Source The Times.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I wonder if the recent developments around diesel/hydrogen hybrids will stall the growth of the electric car industry.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I wonder if the recent developments around diesel/hydrogen hybrids will stall the growth of the electric car industry.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64248564

Whilst it sounds brilliant even the professor remarks

"Prof Kook doubts the hybrid would be of much interest in the car industry though, where electric and hybrid vehicles are already advanced and replacing diesel cars."

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-64248564

Whilst it sounds brilliant even the professor remarks

"Prof Kook doubts the hybrid would be of much interest in the car industry though, where electric and hybrid vehicles are already advanced and replacing diesel cars."
I can’t find it but there was a follow on article that said they achieved it and it would have the eyes of the motor industry on it due to huge benefits such as not having to destroy a wide range of cars and it makes the engine run for approx 800miles, if I recall correctly. It would also only take 5mins to refill also as opposed 40mins at a rapid charge.

motor companies are already exploring full hydrogen vehicles as well as can be shown here

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-63827102

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Again, I've been away, both on holiday and on business, and the lack of available charging points remained an issue.
We were away for a week on holiday in Richmond. The nearest public charging point was in Catterick. And as it takes 4+ hours to charge my hybrid, that was no use.
Away on business and stopped in Basingstoke. The BP charging point at the hotel wasn't working, and there was no other ones nearby.
So both (very long) trips had to be done using the Petrol ICE in the car.
My experience is that either I am very unlucky in where I travel, or there is still a lot of work to be done on the infrastructure. Still plenty of places to put petrol in though, but petrol in the South East was about 5p a litre more than in Scotland.
However, this headline doesn't bode well.
Oil prices surge after surprise move to cut output

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Surely you don’t think that’s good value ?

A 7 year Old battery car with over 70k miles done and only at £20k !!!
My Missus paid the same price for a top of the range Kia Sportage automatic with 25k miles on the clock. Given that she only does a few thousand miles a year, we're happy with our choice.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Surely you don’t think that’s good value ?

A 7 year Old battery car with over 70k miles done and only at £20k !!!

I guess you don't, fair enough.

My Missus paid the same price for a top of the range Kia Sportage automatic with 25k miles on the clock. Given that she only does a few thousand miles a year, we're happy with our choice.

And so you should be, especially with its 7 year warranty....almost as long as the 8 year warranty on Tesla batteries