Would you bother?

D

Deleted member 15344

For me days like today only help my game , learning different ways to get the ball round the course

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well that was easily sorted, comp was called off about 8.45am. The flag on 18 was blown clean out of the hole so there was no way you could have had any sort of game as we know it.

D

Deleted member 17920

Well that was easily sorted, comp was called off about 8.45am. The flag on 18 was blown clean out of the hole so there was no way you could have had any sort of game as we know it.
Shame you had to drive all the way there just to find out its off.

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I had to work this morning so missed my regular roll up who were determined to play, but my son had the chance to play Wentworth Edinburgh (junior guest price mere £20) and I had been telling him all week to cancel because of Doris.

Boy was it windy and I got soaked walking 50 yds from the car into work earlier but he was determined to play, course in pretty good condition and greens very fast apparently.

One fairly large tree came down about 100yds away.

They also played twice round the par 3 as there from 9.30 am to 4.30pm amusing themselves with the free range balls, practice areas etc. probably winding up the membership.

Came home buzzing having really enjoyed the day, bacon sandwich lunch at halfway house etc.

Managed 9 over par off back 7000+ yd tees with a triple bogey so was pleased and feels he is playing well even in the windiest conditions he has ever played in (plus 2 under gross on the par 3).

Nice and quiet as not many daft enough to go out - is that the requisite qualification to play with Doris !?

D

Deleted member 16999

I had to work this morning so missed my regular roll up who were determined to play, but my son had the chance to play Wentworth Edinburgh (junior guest price mere £20) and I had been telling him all week to cancel because of Doris.

Boy was it windy and I got soaked walking 50 yds from the car into work earlier but he was determined to play, course in pretty good condition and greens very fast apparently.

One fairly large tree came down about 100yds away.

They also played twice round the par 3 as there from 9.30 am to 4.30pm amusing themselves with the free range balls, practice areas etc. probably winding up the membership.

Came home buzzing having really enjoyed the day, bacon sandwich lunch at halfway house etc.

Managed 9 over par off back 7000+ yd tees with a triple bogey so was pleased and feels he is playing well even in the windiest conditions he has ever played in (plus 2 under gross on the par 3).

Nice and quiet as not many daft enough to go out - is that the requisite qualification to play with Doris !?
Sounds like he had a great day, surprised they allowed people on the course though if there was a risk of trees coming down.

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Sounds like he had a great day, surprised they allowed people on the course though if there was a risk of trees coming down.

My course here was open which surprised me as quite a few trees down on travel news close by and I varied my commute route home, however, before the 40 min drive over there his mum checked first.

Adults would have reported the tree down after their round or stopped playing though was not onto the fairway as they saw it - teenagers would not give it a second thought unless it hit them and probably play on if unhurt.
Enjoying themselves too much doing what they love :fore:

D

Deleted member 16999

My course here was open which surprised me as quite a few trees down on travel news close by and I varied my commute route home, however, before the 40 min drive over there his mum checked first.

Adults would have reported the tree down after their round or stopped playing though was not onto the fairway as they saw it - teenagers would not give it a second thought unless it hit them and probably play on if unhurt.
Enjoying themselves too much doing what they love :fore:
Totally agree, all teenagers are invincible and I would of jumped at the chance to play there.

Being such a heavily wooded course, just thought the course themselves would of been nervous of any risks to guests.