Would you bother?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It depends if i have to drive miles to get there. If it is local ish, then i would turn up, and decide nearer to my tee time. If i have to drive a few hundred miles to get there, then i would cancel.

You can never believe the forecast, so cancelling due to one is pointless. I prefer to go there, and then look out of the window.

S

Snelly

Yes I would play. Same for everyone.

I am planning to play today and 45mph gusts are forecast. It is certainly very windy now here.

Nice to get out in fresh air though. As long as balls aren't moving on the green, it is fine for me and a good challenge.

G

guest100718

Yes I would play. Same for everyone.

I am planning to play today and 45mph gusts are forecast. It is certainly very windy now here.

Nice to get out in fresh air though. As long as balls aren't moving on the green, it is fine for me and a good challenge.

Its going to be gusting at almost 70mph. no ones playing in that.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'd certainly give it a go on the basis that the weather forecast is often wrong and I'd assume it'd be the same for everyone.
I just wouldn't take it too seriously.
Have a laugh.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Day off work booked for Thursday to play in a comp in Wallasey but 'Doris' is forecast to be bringing 60mph winds and heavy rain during most of my round. Would you bother playing or even turning up even if you had paid a deposit?

FWIW, as long as the course is open I will be playing but finishing the 18 may be a different matter.
Is this on the finch tour.
tried to get in but it was full.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Late morning tomorrow the BBC is predicting up to 67mph at Wallasey, which on the Beaufort scale is a violent storm!

I played in 40mph at St Andrews last summer and it was tough walking!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We all love the gung-ho forum attitude, but youre going to struggle to stay on two feet in 60 plus wind speed.

not stuck behind a desk I'm not;)

played in stronger than 70 mph before, hard work but fun esp when the drive you hit ends up behind you and a 5 ft putt goes 30ft past the hole

Adler

Hacker
Visit site
I find most weather forecasts inaccurate, in the last 3 weeks we've meant to have rain through our round and didn't get a drop. Turn up, if the weather is awful go to the bar!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'd personally turn up and see what the club offers you in return for no play, i.e if they'll give you your deposit back or if you can play on another day........ That's based upon the assumption that they would suspend play because of the weather.

Last edited:

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd personally turn up and see what the club offers you in return for no play, i.e if they'll give you your deposit back or if you can play on another day........ That's based upon the assumption that they would suspend play because of the weather.

It's not the club itself that have organised it so if the club says it is playable then I assume the organiser will have to go ahead with it.