World Handicap System

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Yep, we have it also but it will only show HCs. I presume @3offTheTee club where they appear to be making it mandatory for people to play a number of Qs/Casual rounds they won’t be able to stick to their conditions of entry when it comes to opens.
Ours shows the last twenty entries, with dates, course played etc.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, we have it also but it will only show HCs. I presume @3offTheTee club where they appear to be making it mandatory for people to play a number of Qs/Casual rounds they won’t be able to stick to their conditions of entry when it comes to opens.

The EG website lets you view full handicap record of any player.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that available to everyone or only 'club administrators'. And does it just apply to the player's club? I can't tell as I have county access.

as a ‘normal’ member, you can view someone’s index, but not the full record. You need to be ‘friends’ with them to see a full record

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
as a ‘normal’ member, you can view someone’s index, but not the full record. You need to be ‘friends’ with them to see a full record
The system Canada uses allows any member of Golf Canada's handicap system to view any other Golf Canada member's full handicap record upon request, regardless of which club either belongs to, and no requirement to be "friends".

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The system Canada uses allows any member of Golf Canada's handicap system to view any other Golf Canada member's full handicap record upon request, regardless of which club either belongs to, and no requirement to be "friends".
That may have something to do with 'Peer Review' a la USA

IanMcC

Visit site
In the Wales Golf website you can find out any Wales Golf member's HI, but you need to know their club also. Cant access England, Ireland or Scotland though.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is that available to everyone or only 'club administrators'. And does it just apply to the player's club? I can't tell as I have county access.

As far as I am aware anyone. I have only been using it to check fellow Yeovil members using the search function on the home screen. With a player from my home club I can see the full record

Just checked and you just change the club name to search for a known player from that club but I can only see their H.I.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Here's what I see when I do a "handicap lookup" for a player (player's name, home club and handicap index deleted in this case).
handicap lookup.jpg

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
If peer review is to be meaningful, that's what we should be able to see here as well. Seeing only a handicap index gives you nothing to review. You need to be able to see how a handicap index has been built.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
This is one of the weakness of the new system as implemented in Scotland. There is nowhere that you can see the complete record of another player, even one in your own club. Maybe the handicap sect can see it on the SG site but peer review works best when peers can review handicaps.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
This is one of the weakness of the new system as implemented in Scotland. There is nowhere that you can see the complete record of another player, even one in your own club. Maybe the handicap sect can see it on the SG site but peer review works best when peers can review handicaps.
Isn't this more to do with GDPR, or what ever its called. We used to be able to see other members handicaps and see score history on the club website, now its not allowed according to the club

Swango1980

Visit site
Isn't this more to do with GDPR, or what ever its called. We used to be able to see other members handicaps and see score history on the club website, now its not allowed according to the club
GDPR is about not providing personal information in which somebody could use for fraudulent purposes. So, you wouldn't want to share sensitive info like email addresses and date of birth. However, showing a players Score History is fine, it isn't going to assist a criminal hacking their accounts

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
GDPR is about not providing personal information in which somebody could use for fraudulent purposes. So, you wouldn't want to share sensitive info like email addresses and date of birth. However, showing a players Score History is fine, it isn't going to assist a criminal hacking their accounts
They wiped it all anyway, was handy to check oppos handicaps so you could work out the matchplay shots, especially handi for foresomes and greensomes

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site

on IG we can still see the rounds played locally but not anything away from home.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Could show his boss where a player really was when he was pulling a sickie, too. :)
Note that the posted attachment from GC does not include the day of the month, only the year and month. That's to prevent anyone knowing what day he or she played.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
4.4/1
To facilitate the process of peer review, player scoring records must be accessible
to all other members of the golf club (see Appendix B).

Appendix B
Three sample scoring records are presented to demonstrate the information that should be contained within different versions.
(i) General Version.
Accessible by the Handicap Committee and all players
within a golf club in countries where peer review is required for the
certification of scores.
This record will display basic details of the 20 most recent scores, as well as the 5 scores most recently replaced within the 20-
score set.

Last edited:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Just trying to come to terms with working out my handicap index/ Score differential so if I have the wrong terminology sincere apologies but unfortunately not as well versed as some on here.

My last 8 score differentials equate to 157.4/8 = HI 19.7. number 20 at present is 16.9 and my next best is 22.9 which means if I do not better 19.7 in my next Comp. My overall total will be 163.4. One of my scores was “away’ were I had a 9 on a par 5, I had 1 shot so I take it that will be an 8. Allowing for soft/ hard caps, and a couple of other items which I read have I the basics correct or is there anything else?