World Handicap System

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
I wonder how much the V1 club software costs per year
The app may well be free to members - as is the HDID app - but there will certainly be an annual licence for the club to use it - it won’t be free unlike the Scottish one which is paid for by Scottish Golf as part of their service to clubs (funded by member subscriptions)
As far as I know dependant on which level you buy it’s between £800 and £2500 a year plus vat. That’s what we were quoted to upgrade to ultimate package.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wonder how much the V1 club software costs per year
The app may well be free to members - as is the HDID app - but there will certainly be an annual licence for the club to use it - it won’t be free unlike the Scottish one which is paid for by Scottish Golf as part of their service to clubs (funded by member subscriptions)
Cheaper than IG but dearer than HM when comparing golf management rather than club management only

bunkerblaster

Visit site
If you took your GC for an away day to another club, handed them a copy of your start sheet for say individual Stableford (acceptable format) and supplied them with the CDH numbers of your party, then handed the cards in at the end of the round (or an electronic copy if requested) and asked very politely (because you are on good terms with them) if their handicapper would be so kind as to enter those scores on their ISV database for forward transmission to ????? for all the HIs to be updated overnight. So for GC in England using Club V1, Handicap Master or any other ISV the data then is forwarded to whom England Golf, CONGU, WHS???? Is any of this any clearer now golf has restarted?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you took your GC for an away day to another club, handed them a copy of your start sheet for say individual Stableford (acceptable format) and supplied them with the CDH numbers of your party, then handed the cards in at the end of the round (or an electronic copy if requested) and asked very politely (because you are on good terms with them) if their handicapper would be so kind as to enter those scores on their ISV database for forward transmission to ????? for all the HIs to be updated overnight. So for GC in England using Club V1, Handicap Master or any other ISV the data then is forwarded to whom England Golf, CONGU, WHS???? Is any of this any clearer now golf has restarted?
The way things are progressing individuals will be able to do it all themselves via the MyEG app.

bunkerblaster

Visit site
It looks to me as if EG have access to the WHS Platform (which is run by CONGU?) Just been in to the EG admin site, there is a letter there from last year, with a link "user manual" the Club User Guide is version 2.0 dated 2/2/2021. There is a list of functions the new platform will perform including: "Entering Away club scores" Not clear to me whether this means you can enter scores for your players when you go to another course, or whether it relates to other golf clubs visiting your course. Again whether the EG golf WHS platform site gives more flexibility than via the ISVs is unclear to me. Anyone ever used it?

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
All my Scottish scores will be using the Scottish Golf app which only has Scottish courses on it!
presumably cards returned for other rounds in U.K. and abroad- but to whom?

Can't answer that, I only have the England Golf documentation. Sounds as if you will have to ask SG the question.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
All my Scottish scores will be using the Scottish Golf app which only has Scottish courses on it!
presumably cards returned for other rounds in U.K. and abroad- but to whom?

You return your scores from outwith Scotland to your home club which will then enter them into the CDH. Eventually, there should be an integrated system to allow the player to enter a score from anywhere in the world.

DickInShorts

Visit site
You return your scores from outwith Scotland to your home club which will then enter them into the CDH. Eventually, there should be an integrated system to allow the player to enter a score from anywhere in the world.
I was thinking if this summer when we plan to travel to France - play there 3 rounds then meander our way home via friends in England playing another 3 o4 4 rounds. by the time we get home the first rounds will be two weeks old and I understand rounds need to be uploaded the same day to adjust your HI - or is that just for any PCC adjustment?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was thinking if this summer when we plan to travel to France - play there 3 rounds then meander our way home via friends in England playing another 3 o4 4 rounds. by the time we get home the first rounds will be two weeks old and I understand rounds need to be uploaded the same day to adjust your HI - or is that just for any PCC adjustment?

Email the cards to you home club?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
or is that just for any PCC adjustment?
Yes, in terms of the scores affecting the PCC calculation. But the PCC would normally be applied to your scores retrospectively - but it is not clear if this will apply to overseas scores at present. The various national databases are not yet linked.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site

Return your scores to your club by card when you get home or by whatever arrangement your club comes up with - such as email or website. They should be entered in reverse date order (ie the oldest inputted first). They will show the date of entry not of play but that doesn't matter if they are in date order and it doesn't matter if they aren't entered till you get home since you won't have been submitting any scores from Inverurie while in France (beam me and my clubs up, Scottie?) There won't be any PCC. Your scores will be processed overnight at the end of the day entered as normal.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Knowing that I frequent this place where any golf related query can be answered, a friend of mine asked me to explain the following. It stumped me so....

He hasn't played in a Q comp for years but had a H/C of 5 which he was happy to keep (suited his ego:)). With WHS coming up he decided to put some general play cards in for rounds at his and one other club, 3 in total. He got this. His round of 9th Sept was used for WHS index change but his round of 11th, although 10 over par, saw a reduction to his WHS Index to 2.9. Is it correct please, and can you explain it in terms that a nomad like me can understand.

Sorry about the vertical formatting, it's as he pinged it across to me.

TIA

Played​

Marker​

Crse Rating​

Slope​

Adj Gross​

PCC​

Score Diff​

WHS Index​

Course Hdcp​

11/09/2020​

White​

09/09/2020​

White​

4.9 @

04/09/2020​

White​

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
I take he did not have any sufficiently recent scores for transition to WHS and that these three scores are the only ones on which his Handicap Index is based. With three scores, the lowest gross differential (the difference between his gross score and the course rating) is used for calculating his Handicap index. Two strokes are deducted because of the small number of scores.

His best gross differential is 5.6 (the middle score with the green symbol). With a slope rating of 130, that is"de-sloped" i.e. converted to its equivalent for the standard course of 113) to 4.9*. Take away the 2 stroke adjustment because of only three scores and you get 2.9. His Handicap Index was set at 2.9 rather than reduced to it. The other two scores played no part in the calculation.

*The formula is Gross Differential multiplied by 113 and divided by the slope rating. 5.6 x 113 ÷130 = 4.9

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
As it would seem he has only got 3 acceptable scores in his record the system has probably resorted the table in Rule 5.2 which says it takes the lowest score minus 2.

Edit: See Colin's more comprehensive post above

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thanks very much guys. Even I can understand that. (y)

It was the minus 2 for only three returns that did it then.:)

Is it OK for me to cut and paste your replies to him?