World Handicap System

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting change I had to perform for a member. One round, at an away course, had been entered twice. Once using her gross score and one using her net score. This pulled her handicap index down significantly. I checked the CONGU version of ClubV1 to confirm this was the case. Obviously human error. I deleted the incorrect low round. Her index went from 11.9 to 13.6.
The manual sync between ClubV1 and the CDH Dashboard was quick, and gave the message that a change took place.
That all worked very well I thought. HowDidIDo, on the other hand, still has her old, unadjusted Index. That is 2 of my members now who's index is wrong on HDID. For any club playing acceptable rounds at the moment, HDID will soon become worse than useless.

Have you tried emailing HDID, email shown on V1 chat if you go on it. I get the feeling that HDID might become redundant with the EG App and your EG registration record doing a similar thing.

Swango1980

Visit site
Have you tried emailing HDID, email shown on V1 chat if you go on it. I get the feeling that HDID might become redundant with the EG App and your EG registration record doing a similar thing.
Will all ISVs become redundant, and everything done via WHS in future? It just seems like there are too many cooks at the moment. At least if there was a centralised system for everything, the right hand will know what the left is doing. Mind you, not a nice thought for the ISV companies if WHS puts them out of business.

IanMcC

Visit site
Yes, emailed them last week when I changed another member's HI. Absolutely no response.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will all ISVs become redundant, and everything done via WHS in future? It just seems like there are too many cooks at the moment. At least if there was a centralised system for everything, the right hand will know what the left is doing. Mind you, not a nice thought for the ISV companies if WHS puts them out of business.
They have already put IG noses out of joint for not using them for the changeover and going to the NZ company. I think they are going to have to do some very good PR with the ISVs over the next few months because I think they are starting to feel the same as you.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Handicap management was just one aspect of what is in the ISV system. They have lost handicap management with the new system to large extent but not totally.

I cannot see the WHS setting up comp specs/results for example as this is very much club admin using the ISV software.

IanMcC

Visit site
Just had a chat with Zak on V1 chat who said it should only take a few hours :ROFLMAO:. Maybe V1 chat direct is the way to go as he did ask if I had any examples. Have you checked on their profile that they are actually registered on HDID.
Strangely, both handicaps are now changed. Zak must have did something. Last night both were unaltered, and the first alteration I did was fully 10 days ago.
Cheers.

DickInShorts

Visit site
One if my clubs is using HDID (Moray) and the other (Inverurie) using Scottish Golf App.

HDID no longer records any scores from Inverurie since the switch to the App so my handicap on HDID is redundant.

Not sure why any clubs in Scotland will use anything other than the SG App as it’s FOC
think the savings I’ve heard from that and BRS will be about 11k a year

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
One if my clubs is using HDID (Moray) and the other (Inverurie) using Scottish Golf App.

HDID no longer records any scores from Inverurie since the switch to the App so my handicap on HDID is redundant.

Not sure why any clubs in Scotland will use anything other than the SG App as it’s FOC
think the savings I’ve heard from that and BRS will be about 11k a year
No charge for HDID, comes with V1

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
They have already put IG noses out of joint for not using them for the changeover and going to the NZ company. I think they are going to have to do some very good PR with the ISVs over the next few months because I think they are starting to feel the same as you.

I remember telling EG at one of their very early seminars back in 2018 that they would be reducing the ISV's role to little more than Membership/Competition Management software suppliers...OK... a couple do more than that and do website integration and bar/shop management as well but the main focus is handicap and competition management....and they've pretty much lost the handicap stuff.

EG declined to comment but knowing what I know now about the transition it probably wasn't something that they'd even thought through at that stage!!!

DickInShorts

Visit site
No charge for HDID, comes with V1

I wonder how much the V1 club software costs per year
The app may well be free to members - as is the HDID app - but there will certainly be an annual licence for the club to use it - it won’t be free unlike the Scottish one which is paid for by Scottish Golf as part of their service to clubs (funded by member subscriptions)

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
The app may well be free to members - as is the HDID app - but there will certainly be an annual licence for the club to use it - it won’t be free unlike the Scottish one which is paid for by Scottish Golf as part of their service to clubs (funded by member subscriptions)
There are levels of "service" and although dont have the figures know it is a factored into your membership fees ;)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
How does the member subs in Scotland compare with England (£9.50)?

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
Quick question, say I play at a course with members from another course, in example, a golfing weekend away, how would I register my intent to have that count as a round and how is it verified? Thanks

Swango1980

Visit site
Quick question, say I play at a course with members from another course, in example, a golfing weekend away, how would I register my intent to have that count as a round and how is it verified? Thanks
I dont think even the authorities know that. The official word is to pre-register based on guidance at the club being played. In practice, many clubs may have no facilities for you to do this, or enter the score after. What I have learned is it is impossible to pre-register on the club PSI screen unless you are a member, or at best a club official is at hand to add you as a guest (not sure that even works though)

DeanoMK

Club Champion
Visit site
I dont think even the authorities know that. The official word is to pre-register based on guidance at the club being played. In practice, many clubs may have no facilities for you to do this, or enter the score after. What I have learned is it is impossible to pre-register on the club PSI screen unless you are a member, or at best a club official is at hand to add you as a guest (not sure that even works though)

Yeah, I figured that would be the case. Hopefully it gets cleared up soon!

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
I think the gang on the Scottish Golf App thread said there was an option to register on there.
No sign of one on the England Golf App, but it also sounded like the option was appearing and disappearing regularly on the SG app!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ll let you know when we play Tavistock on the 7th. I presume I will need to tell the pro shop and take the card back to my club for now as it can be entered via the clubs official dashboard.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I asked the Club Systems team about entry of scores by visitors and this was the reply:

Visitor Score Entry is not yet supported via Psi or MSi, we plan to enable this feature in the future however we do not have a timescale at the moment.

Cards back to club I guess.