World Handicap System

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
LMAO - now my HI has dropped from 19.2 to 16.7 - using scores from 2019 (mens yellow, not white) and ignoring 2020!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mine still missing a score (which the club agrees should be there) which is the second best of my 8 out of 20, so currently HI showing 8.7, but should drop to 8.0 or so when sorted.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't now find the thread but someone said that the DotGolf staff are all in New Zealand. Not all. The team working on the UK transition are all in England.

Scott W

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ok so with the help of my old club I have managed to get missing rounds added and tees corrected but I have question for the guru's...is this how transition should have worked?

One of my missing rounds was a stableford from March this year (just before lockdown) where I blobbed a couple of holes including #6 which is SI2 par 4

On the day my CONGU handicap was 17.9 playing 18 so for H'cap that blob it was recorded as net double so a 7

When the round is added the WHS system takes my HI of 17.6 based on rounds to that point, adjusts for course and tees and gave me a playing h'cap of 21 so my blob becomes an 8 (net double on SI 2 with 2 strokes)

Feels like an anomaly but TBH I am exhausted with the back and forth

As someone who is bothered enough to be on forums, reading about it etc I wonder how "Wrong" so many handicaps are of folks who simply haven't checked - from my group of a dozen or so regular PP I know at least half had problems

Scott W

Assistant Pro
Visit site
What bit do you think is an anomaly?

The fact that I was off 18 on the day (so prob picked up on 6 when I couldnt score) ...but WHS assumes I was off 21 ...if that is how it is intended to work then fair enuff

It has happened in other round I have added ... I have one round where I shot 91 and WHS has as 93 which moves it out of my best scores

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
The fact that I was off 18 on the day (so prob picked up on 6 when I couldnt score) ...but WHS assumes I was off 21 ...if that is how it is intended to work then fair enuff

It has happened in other round I have added ... I have one round where I shot 91 and WHS has as 93 which moves it out of my best scores
WHS will have worked through all your scores in sequence using the WHS formula and calculation successive Indices as it goes along. Without knowing your actual scoring record it is almost certain that the Index and Course Handicap were the WHS figures it had calculated so far.
A CONGU of 17.6 could well have got a CH of 21 in WHS.

Scott W

Assistant Pro
Visit site
WHS will have worked through all your scores in sequence using the WHS formula and calculation successive Indices as it goes along. Without knowing your actual scoring record it is almost certain that the Index and Course Handicap were the WHS figures it had calculated so far.
A CONGU of 17.6 could well have got a CH of 21 in WHS.

Thanks - I had a bunch of missing score which my club added after go live - I had done the calc myself using my record in Intelligent Golf so was surprised that the AGS was higher than i recorded on the day

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Wedge junior is still unable to register his account on the web site more than two weeks later. The club have not managed to resolve it, I contacted England Golf directly, they responded yesterday after about 10 days, and are apparently looking into it.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Wedge junior is still unable to register his account on the web site more than two weeks later. The club have not managed to resolve it, I contacted England Golf directly, they responded yesterday after about 10 days, and are apparently looking into it.

Does he have a HC, I have noticed that those without HC therefor no index cannot register

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Does he have a HC, I have noticed that those without HC therefor no index cannot register

He does, he has the same CDH for 10 years, his IG account is all correct, and was the same before the WHS data import. Oddly, I can see him in the EG golf app if I do a player search. He just can't register to use it

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
He does, he has the same CDH for 10 years, his IG account is all correct, and was the same before the WHS data import. Oddly, I can see him in the EG golf app if I do a player search. He just can't register to use it

Strange, I have just searched on our app for a member who hasn’t registered and he pops up as well. You need to ask whoever has access to the Clubs WHS dashboard to see if he has come up there. We had a few corrupted on data transfer.

IanMcC

Visit site
I am under Wales Golf, but maybe a similar problem has arisen here. I had a member who could not register for My Golf Wales. I read somewhere that some web browsers dont work properly. I asked him to try Google Chrome, and, hey presto, he could register. Worth a try.

D

Deleted member 15344

Anyone else had a change in HI over the past week despite no scores going on ? Seems most at our place have ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Shouldn’t they have fixed and sorted “errors” before - it’s not as if they didn’t have 18 months or so to get ready for all this

3 weeks in and they still haven’t got it working properly , clubs have courses that can’t be linked

They are very lucky that lockdown happened because the level of embarrassment for England Golf and their “partners” is a joke

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Shouldn’t they have fixed and sorted “errors” before - it’s not as if they didn’t have 18 months or so to get ready for all this

3 weeks in and they still haven’t got it working properly , clubs have courses that can’t be linked

They are very lucky that lockdown happened because the level of embarrassment for England Golf and their “partners” is a joke
Other countries have taken 4 - 8 weeks.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have to say I haven’t really encountered any issues and for what is a massive task, I think they’ve done quite well.

I would guess how some clubs run their handicaps and set themselves up has probably not helped their cause in ironing out the initial teething problems.