World Handicap System

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Phew, thank goodness for the first bit!!

As for "Why would anyone want to manipulate their scores?" Well, there are several well known faces who do really well playing Opens during the Season. The better the prizes, the better the winning score! :) One bloke at my club would go near the course if conditions are off, he needs to keep below a certain HCap to be able to play in top Am events..

The only “cheating” I have had to deal with has been a member who wishes to keep his HC artificially low.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Exactly.... folk currently do both. That's my concern

"Unregulated rounds" seem to be getting more encouragement. Hence my question about how do notify the club you're putting a card in. AND will any lights flash when lots of away cards with a certain trend are posted?

It appears to me that someone could notify their intention to put in an away card, and M Mouse or W Churchill sign it form them, and in it goes with the same credence as a card in a drawn medal on your home course.

There is still a requirement for the marker to be acceptable to the Handicap Committee - unlikely that M Mouse would be acceptable, not sure about W Churchill.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the away course were keying in the supplementary card, how would the player's handicap committee know who marked?
With the move to more and more self scoring apps coming into being there is going to have to be trust in the system. Thankfully the HDID app allows the markers name to be inserted. Not sure how or if this will be updated for away score entry.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
From reading some of these posts, it certainly appears that some players have a low opinion of their fellow golfers!
Rule 1.2a Conduct Expected of All Players
All players are expected to play in the spirit of the game by:
  • Acting with integrity – for example, by following the Rules, applying all penalties, and being honest in all aspects of play.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
Absolutely not...in general. Most players I know, play by the rules.

But, I bet most people know someone they worry about. Do you disagree?
I like dealing with the majority, not the outliers - they usually find a way to out themselves, and don't need my "help" in doing so.

rulie

Head Pro
Visit site
You're not wrong...word gets round.

But no need to make it any easier for them
I'm usually not playing with "them". While I am a referee, I don't referee while playing, but will help those that I'm playing with who need some assistance with the Rules.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Lol - it's now showing all of my scores up until the end of 2019, but none from this year. The 20+ 2020 scores which showed my best 8 have vanished for now! :D

+ all of the ratings are for our yellow tees! Also our course rating is now 0.9 above the SSS we used to have, but no adjustment. Amazing!

Last edited:

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Lol - changed again in the last few minutes to uses the whites at 70.9 and brought 2020 scores in! :D

Not showing my best 8 scores again yet, but I'm thinking it might get there soon! Should be the same as it was yesterday.

Pcc not showing now - they keep changing the view. Entertaining!

Currently has results prior to 2020 with a PCC, score differential and WHS index showing (but on yellows). But no PCC, score differential or WHS index for 2020 yet (but results on whites). Time to zzzz!

Last edited:

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
All data seems to have been uploaded from the ISV. All QRs after 4th October are showing as "pending" and HIs have not been re-calculated. Oh, and it's now crashed.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
On my personal record, the 8 QRs I've played after 4th October show as "pending" in my last 20 with only 3 of the others starred.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All data seems to have been uploaded from the ISV. All QRs after 4th October are showing as "pending" and HIs have not been re-calculated. Oh, and it's now crashed.

i imagine a lot of golfers have tried to log in to see what their index is at once and the system is overloaded. Fully expected, and there are still calculations left to do.

got a month, probably, until my next round of golf so ??‍♂️