World Handicap System

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Given that you can play bang on your handicap and yet your HCP still then changes overnight is what is throwing most people I speak to (as their good or bad numbers drop into 21st position)

How do they know they have played bang on their handicap?

tobybarker

Visit site
I didn't say they were correct.. I'm saying that is the perception of what par means. They also think whs is a sledgehammer to crack a nut, or some similar metaphor

YandaB

Visit site
Its not that simple any more all depends on the Tee Rating for example Tees with a Rating of 71.1 and par 70 is 36 - (71.1 - 70) = 34.9 rounded 35
It never was that simple, you always had to substitute SSS instead of Course Rating and even then you need to wait for PCC (CSS as was) for a real answer. That's not really changed under WHS.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
36 points and no blobs. That's their perception of playing to hcp

There in lies one problem, the players who think that way. I have played loads of different courses and on very few of them has 36 points been playing to handicap.

In old money 36 points and playing to handicap was only correct if SSS/CSS was the same as the par.

I have noticed others with a similar comment

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yeah..... I heard a loud "kerchunk" as the penny dropped, the other day when a member explained how several of them got 35pts & all had differing H/cap adjustments. In such instances the WHS begins to explain itself.

Colin L

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is no difference between the mixed tee arrangements in the WHS and the previous CONGU system other than the change of title by which Standard Scratch Score becomes Course Rating. The way it is now is the way was then, no more and no less complicated when it comes to stableford.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is no difference between the mixed tee arrangements in the WHS and the previous CONGU system other than the change of title by which Standard Scratch Score becomes Course Rating. The way it is now is the way was then, no more and no less complicated when it comes to stableford.

I think it’s Stableford by the way and what you’re saying is there are still courtesy shots......

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Using the My EG App after my first comp this year my handicap went from 16.4 to 16.5, after the most recent it's now showing as 16.7

On the HowDidIDo App my handicap is still showing as 16.4.

:unsure: