World Handicap System (WHS)

Leftitshort

Visit site
How did having the holy grail of a “C“ prove anything other than you played 3 qualifiers.
always thought it should be more. Seems like a missed opportunity to me. A real chance to try & legitimise the handicap system, rewarding commitment to the club game. Instead it’s another bandits charter. Make it 10 qualifiers a year. Don’t h e to be comp rounds anymore.

U might get away with sandbagging for 3 not for 10

Swango1980

Visit site
Will an expert please clarify:

My handicap index is 18.2.

However on the latest figure available up to 3/10/20 it is shown as18.6 Why the discrepancy please. Realise no scores have been posted since then.

Also when scores are added a 94 will be replaced by a 96. Am I correct in stating the extra2 shots will equate to 0.25 rounded up to 0.3 so depending on the first answers will be either 18.5 or 18.9.

Thanks for any help provided
If you are talking about the WHS Score History, the 18.6 would have been your handicap index BEFORE that round was played (i.e. your Index you used for scoring that round was 18.6). The 18.2 is your Index, and therefore after that final round, your index went from 18.6 to 18.2. If you are talking about what I think you are.

Your final sentence makes reasonable sense. you gross differential increases by 2 shots, and averaged over 8 scores, that is an increase of 0.25. Although, the handicap index is based on Score Differentials, which multiple each gross differential by 113/Slope. So you need to apply a factor of 113/Slope to the 0.25 (this is me thing out loud, but I have been entering member e-mail addresses and DOB into the WHS Portal for the last 2 hours, so my brain is like a pickle)

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Anyone got any idea how an ESR that doesn't appear in the WHS numbers gets handled..?
The ESR under WHS is different and kicks in if you have a -7 Gross Differential (! shot) or -10 GD (2 Shots).

If you want to apply a recent adjustment to a handicap index you can do so on the individual members page of the EG Platform by selecting official adjustment. You can add a one or two shot adjustment which will have the effect of reducing all 20 rounds in the playing record by 1 or 2 shots. As more rounds are added these will not have the adjustment so the ESR flushes through.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Yesterday I was 7.8, today I'm 7.2
?
Guess someone has found a new calculation method!

We’re still waiting for all our competition data to be correctly transferred. Fully expect mine to change again before Monday, but not to the extent it impacts the number of shots I get on my home course off any tee.

JGolfer

Visit site
Hopefully I can get some help with this.

Under WHS if play my girlfriends home course. Is it possible for me to play a supplementary round at her course and her mark it then hand it in?

If so do I hand it in at her course or mine?

Thanks!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

Under WHS if play my girlfriends home course. Is it possible for me to play a supplementary round at her course and her mark it then hand it in?

Thanks!
After 2 Nov you can but must register at that club before play and they should enter card.

Swango1980

Visit site

Thanks!
You follow the procedure set out at the club your playing at. I suspect their will be a terminal at the club to pre-register and then enter your score after. Might take a bit of time for clubs to get prepared for this, as they not only get used to WHS but also the fact the PSI terminals have been switched off due to Covid. Just ask the pro / member of staff how to go about it when you are there.

JGolfer

Visit site
You follow the procedure set out at the club your playing at. I suspect their will be a terminal at the club to pre-register and then enter your score after. Might take a bit of time for clubs to get prepared for this, as they not only get used to WHS but also the fact the PSI terminals have been switched off due to Covid. Just ask the pro / member of staff how to go about it when you are there.

Sorry to sound stupid. But by pre-register do you mean register my intention to submit a card?

I’ll be asking when I’m there about how I go about it. Just didn’t want to sound stupid when I showed up

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Something I learned from this forum, and subsequent R&A readings is that there are different forms of strokeplay.
Was looking at the handicap allowances, and noticed the difference in how two countries have articulated
Screenshot_20201028-130059_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20201028-125531_Samsung Internet.jpg

For me, well Scottish golf are adding to the confusion ?

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure what you are meaning. The %ages for each format for England and Scotland tally with the GB&I Rules of Handicapping

IainP

Visit site
Not sure what you are meaning. The %ages for each format for England and Scotland tally with the GB&I Rules of Handicapping
Ah no, it's the wording.

EGU had split by format and by type which made more sense to me.

Having stroke play, stableford & par/bogey all as formats on SG seems confusing (to me).

IainP

Visit site
Little shout for the WHS support at R&A. Raised a query and they replied very swiftly. They'd slightly misunderstood the question so posted another and again came back quickly with it resolved.
Caching issue apparently, can now see some CRs and SRs that were previously not showing.