World Handicap System (WHS)

IanMcC

Visit site
Apparently access to Wales Golf Club House Platform has been available for M&H since Monday. No emails to me or the office so far.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
The WHS thread mirrors all the rules-queries threads! Millions of rounds are played without the sort of twaddle that the rules-nerds argue about.

Most folk will log on, look at the tables and play golf as normal and without incident.

If you look under the bonnet to try and work out how it all works, there will be carnage as 1186 posts in here testify! :)

Bit like the TV ... you press the button and sit and watch it. No one cares how the magic pictures appear on screen! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bit like the TV ... you press the button and sit and watch it. No one cares how the magic pictures appear on screen! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

this sums it up for me. Whilst happy to know some basics and definitions etc...just plug the numbers into a screen and see what happens. Will need to know more about comps being at 95% or 85% or whatever...but ultimately get my index (which I know to be lower than I want ?) turn up to a course and play (after consulting the boards about how many shots I don’t get)

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
this sums it up for me. Whilst happy to know some basics and definitions etc...just plug the numbers into a screen and see what happens. Will need to know more about comps being at 95% or 85% or whatever...but ultimately get my index (which I know to be lower than I want ?) turn up to a course and play (after consulting the boards about how many shots I don’t get)

I very much doubt if you are logging to the screen that you will need to look at charts and know about 95% or 85%. The screen will just tell you what your playing handicap is for whatever format of play the comp has been set up at.

When I recently played a greensome event, upon entering our names into the
System it told us what our handicap was. Which was automatically set for 60% lowest handicap and 40% highest handicap. Under WHS it will be no different

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
How do we do that? I signed up to England Golf ' My Account ' but is that where I will see it?

The WHS portal is separate from the EG site. No one knows how you will be invited...the authorities haven't communicated how they intend to invite golfers to access the WHS system. Maybe folks who have got an EG "my account" will get an email telling them where to go, maybe EG will tell clubs to email all their members....maybe the WHS site which may or may not have been populated with everyone's email addresses will automatically send folks an invite to come and have a look and see what all the fuss is about. :)

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Mate saw our handicap & comps sec. today, was advised he now knows all the new handicap indexes and we will be advised of them next week.
(mate is off 17.4 and was told his index sees him stay off 17)

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Any word on what's happening in Scotland?!
I've had three or four emails from Scottish Golf about the WHS over the last few weeks, including one today. Today's email is a link to their new awareness campaign and confirms that the WHS will be launched in Scotland on November 2nd.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i worked mine out and it came out as 5 dead, on the plus side my 20 round is my lowest, which was a score of 73 gross, so when that drops off my next best, assuming a don't hit a score my first round of 2021, i'll go up by at least 6 shots...:LOL:....11 here i come(y)

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
i worked mine out and it came out as 5 dead, on the plus side my 20 round is my lowest, which was a score of 73 gross, so when that drops off my next best, assuming a don't hit a score my first round of 2021, i'll go up by at least 6 shots...:LOL:....11 here i come(y)

What is your current 9th best score, soon to be 8th best unless you better it next time out?

Mozza14

Visit site

I would hazard a guess that you have made a mistake. :)