World Handicap System (WHS)

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
Here is my list of scores. I can’t understand how there is no PCC adjustment when the course has clearly played harder than the course rating.... ridiculous.

Attachments

• EB910DB9-1995-48CE-A761-35F65D670C36.png
    EB910DB9-1995-48CE-A761-35F65D670C36.png
    871 KB · Views: 36

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm disappointed, looking at the players who have recently joined the club and got their initial handicaps, that the WHS has not taken into account the 3 cards/scores they submitted for their handicap as part of the handicap index calculation....we've now got a whole load of players who have joined in the last two months who wont have an index on November 2nd because the only three cards they've put in were the 3 they submitted for handicap...the WHS does not list these scores in those players records.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Personally I'm hoping that CSS isn't taken into account. We had reductions only last week and looking the same this - in pretty decent conditions. Ok so the course is playing longer than in Summer but basically way too many with a handicap they can't play to. If most went up a few shots we might get a genuine PCC and genuine handicaps. I lost my shot in the 7th last week despite being 1 over handicap!

So happy I don't give a monkeys about my handicap anymore :)

Swango1980

Visit site
I'm disappointed, looking at the players who have recently joined the club and got their initial handicaps, that the WHS has not taken into account the 3 cards/scores they submitted for their handicap as part of the handicap index calculation....we've now got a whole load of players who have joined in the last two months who wont have an index on November 2nd because the only three cards they've put in were the 3 they submitted for handicap...the WHS does not list these scores in those players records.
I noticed that with one guy I checked. I only checked, because his Initial Handicap was 3.0, and I needed authorisation from the County. He has no WHS Handicap. This will cause a big problem, because he is in the Winter Doubles League that started a few weeks ago. Come November, suddenly he will go from having a handicap of 3.0c, to no handicap at all.

Hopefully this is just an initial glitch, otherwise handicap secretaries may have to start manually giving out handicaps???

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
another stupid thing I've just noticed...in the "Reports" section you can print off a table of "Playing Handicaps"...looking at the table, in the small print at the bottom it says "these playing handicaps have been calculated using a 100% handicap allowance".....so what's the point of that then??? No one needs a table to determine what their playing handicap is off full allowance......do they?

Would be far more useful if you were able to select the format or the % allowance and the system generated a table for that format.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I noticed that with one guy I checked. I only checked, because his Initial Handicap was 3.0, and I needed authorisation from the County. He has no WHS Handicap. This will cause a big problem, because he is in the Winter Doubles League that started a few weeks ago. Come November, suddenly he will go from having a handicap of 3.0c, to no handicap at all.

Hopefully this is just an initial glitch, otherwise handicap secretaries may have to start manually giving out handicaps???

Is that because he is a new member and has just submitted an initial 3 cards for handicap?....none of my members who have just put in 3 cards for handicap have been allocated an index.

sorry...i assume yes (I didint notice you had quoted my post!!!)

Swango1980

Visit site
Suggest we all email info@englandgolf.org with problems, (I think there is a WHS one but can’t find it) I found them helpful.
I already did. About the Handicap Index appearing wrong when you type players name in search bar. Also, that the Index next to individual rounds can be confusing, as it doesn't state whether it is the index pre or post round

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
also noticed that if you run a handicap report for your club it lists a lot of players with a handicap index of "pending"....when you look at some (a minority i'll admit) players records in more detail, they do actually have an index allocated.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
also noticed that if you run a handicap report for your club it lists a lot of players with a handicap index of "pending"....when you look at some (a minority i'll admit) players records in more detail, they do actually have an index allocated.

My seniors handicap man didn’t appear on the Handicap list but does come up on a search

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm sure this will have been touched on already, so apologies, but it's only just hit my radar.

For individual strokeplay the playing allowance is 95% but for individual matchplay it's 100%. Why the difference, it seems odd?
The data collected from around the world indicates that in stroke play higher handicappers have a slight advantage but conversely in match play the lower handicapper is more likely to win the than the higher handicapper.

You may remember that CONGU published the following report that showed the then imbalance with 75% difference. It seems that the stats have not changed since it was changed to full difference some yeas ago.

Numerous researchers and golfing bodies including the United States Golf Association, English Golf Union and Scottish Golf Union have investigated the relative merits of full versus three-quarters difference in handicap. All of these independent pieces of research have come to a single conclusion – full difference between the handicaps of the two players is clearly the more equitable allowance.
A Scottish Golf Union survey covering 4000 handicap singles matches showed:
Matches won by lower handicap player
- off 3/4 difference - 61%
- off Full difference - 55%

From the above it can be seen that even when conceding full difference the lower handicap player retains an advantage.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Here is my list of scores. I can’t understand how there is no PCC adjustment when the course has clearly played harder than the course rating.... ridiculous.
How
How can there be a PCC if the PCC system is not in force until Nov 2?
However the CSS is used for the transition instead.