World Athletics Champs

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Great start for GB

Farah wins another 10,000 gold , the Kenyans even tried tripping and it didn't work :D - great race from him but the guys getting lapped showing poor etiquette by not moving out of the way

Great first day for both Ennis and KJT in the Heptathalon - 1-2 at the moment with tomorrow going to be a great day and could be very tight before the 800 starts

100m is going to be very interesting with Bolt looking comfortable and certainly got lots in the tank with the drug cheats unfortunately Gatlin and Gay look comfortable as well - Brits pretty rubbish.

Girls look solid in the 1500 - especially Muir

Rudisha and Amos on course for another show down in the 800m

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
not quite sure how the Kenyan doesnt get a red card, two attempted trips both from behind :eek: brilliant from Farah, always looked in control despite Brendans assertions at some points

heptathlon could be close, Ennis a level below her best still clearly so giving the others far more of a chance

100m was horrid to watch, Gatlin a walking talking steroid ad and not surprising mighty impressive too, Bolt looked pretty rusty be interesting to see just how much he can step it up

C

c1973

I'll have to catch the highlights of today later.

Good to see Mo getting the 10,000m and also a decent start in the Heptathlon (Ennis needing to check the rear view mirror perhaps?)......great for British sport.

I'm really hoping Lynsey Sharp can put in a PB in the 800m and challenge for a medal, she's shaved a good second of it already this season.

I'm worried Gatlin is going to get the Gold, he's ran some good times lately, although, he shouldn't be allowed to compete at all imo.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mo was awesome again and the 2 heptathlon girls are great to watch and imo Jessicas a cert.

Watching the 100 metres is depressing.

The list of drug takers is endless Rodgers,gay,Gatlin and Powell.
Gatlins nailed on to win but for the sake of the sport it needs to be Bolt.

I hope Lord Coe can make any doper banned for life,these cheats are still making millions.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Mo was awesome again and the 2 heptathlon girls are great to watch and imo Jessicas a cert.

Watching the 100 metres is depressing.

The list of drug takers is endless Rodgers,gay,Gatlin and Powell.
Gatlins nailed on to win but for the sake of the sport it needs to be Bolt.

I hope Lord Coe can make any doper banned for life,these cheats are still making millions.

I can kind of understand a 2 year ban for doping - you cheated, you've been caught, take some time off, don't do it again..
But if you do it again, how can you look another competitor in the eye and claim you're clean...?

C

c1973

Just watched the 10,000m, great win for Mo, but terrible race etiquette from the lapped runners. Great victory in a tough race.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The Kenyan athletes need serious sanctions. As blatant a trip as you'd see. Great to see Farah answer in the best way possible. Hope for Brit 1-2 in the hepathlon. In my mind Gatlin should never be on a track again and the thought that he could win is disgusting. Hope Usain can put him in his place but not sure

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I really don't think the Kenyans deliberately tried to trip Mo, it just happens sometimes.

I didn't see any of the 100 metre heats but rest assured, Usain Bolt will take the title again!

As for the cheats, well, they better look out, Seb Coe will be having none of it, he'll be ruthless when he has to be.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I really don't think the Kenyans deliberately tried to trip Mo, it just happens sometimes.

I didn't see any of the 100 metre heats but rest assured, Usain Bolt will take the title again!

As for the cheats, well, they better look out, Seb Coe will be having none of it, he'll be ruthless when he has to be.

If I was you Id either watch them, or have a bet on the underdog Bolt if hes such a certainty!

D

Deleted member 15344

Don't see the trips as being deliberate

They were all a bit cramped and the back markers didn't help

As for the 100m - Bolt looked like he jogged most of the race but Gatlin looked very strong

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
If I was you Id either watch them, or have a bet on the underdog Bolt if hes such a certainty!

I wont be betting on anyone as I'm not a betting man.

Although Gatlin has had the fastest time this year, he hasn't faced Bolt yet.

And Bolt is always the big game player and knows how to win Gold!

I will certainly be watching the final.

:thup:

C

c1973

Well, it won't be a 1-2 in the Heptathlon unfortunately. KJT fouls on the long jump, taking her out of the running. Our Jess is looking good for Gold though.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Gatlin looked impressive....for a 33yr old. It's a bit like cycling in that you just don't know what you are watching. Powell - drugs ban. Gatlin - drugs ban. Gay - drugs ban....

D

Deleted member 15344

Get in there !!!!! Victory for Bolt and clean sport - off you trot the walking pharmacist - karma !!!

C

c1973

Superb. All the sweeter that Gatlin looked like he thought he'd won.