Athletics World Champs

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
There is an irony alert here:

Cant really whinge about any lack of recognition for performance etc when (as is usual) plenty cant even be bothered to type out a name :sneaky:

D

Deleted member 15344

Cant really whinge about any lack of recognition for performance etc when (as is usual) plenty cant even be bothered to type out a name :sneaky:
Are you on a wind up ?

D

Deleted member 18588

Such a pity that there were so very few in the stadium for KJT winning 800m and the title. Compare and Contrast with the thrill Ennis-Hill, Rutherford and Farrah - and all of us watching - experienced over 45minutes that glorious Saturday in 2012 - a 45mins that followed three golds on the water earlier in the day so was already feeling all a-buzz. I still get a tingle and actually well-up a little as I type and think of it. Better days.

I can assure you that not all of us were watching in 2012.

Stopped taking any interest in athletics many years ago when it became clear that it was impossible to distinguish between the clean athletes and those who were doping.

D

Deleted member 15344

Stopped taking any interest in athletics many years ago when it became clear that it was impossible to distinguish between the clean athletes and those who were doping.
Then you missed out on an amazing sporting night for not just the UK but everyone - amazing atmosphere and thrilling races.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site

I certainly was, as I was lucky enough to get tickets for "Super Saturday" it was the most amazing sporting event I've ever seen. It was quite odd to have 80,000 people shouting for one outcome as I've usually seen cup finals or rugby etc where each half of the supporters want the opposite outcome to the other half

D

Deleted member 18588

I certainly was, as I was lucky enough to get tickets for "Super Saturday" it was the most amazing sporting event I've ever seen. It was quite odd to have 80,000 people shouting for one outcome as I've usually seen cup finals or rugby etc where each half of the supporters want the opposite outcome to the other half

Great for those of you who were interested enough to watch.

My point was that not all of us shared your excitement.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site

No there really isn't.

The only 'alert' required is posting for the sake of posting

Possibly one for absolute failed attempt at humour too.

Awful.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Great for those of you who were interested enough to watch.

My point was that not all of us shared your excitement.

Initially I only applied for tickets just so that I could say I'd been to an Olympic event, just something ticked off the bucket list. On the day from parking the car to getting back to it, it was one of my most memorable days ever. The helpers were extraordinarily good, the athletics were legendary and the atmosphere was something I'll never forget, I watch lots of sport and some excites me some doesnt and generally athletics is ok but sport at the highest level is generally thrilling I find

D

Deleted member 18588

Initially I only applied for tickets just so that I could say I'd been to an Olympic event, just something ticked off the bucket list. On the day from parking the car to getting back to it, it was one of my most memorable days ever. The helpers were extraordinarily good, the athletics were legendary and the atmosphere was something I'll never forget, I watch lots of sport and some excites me some doesnt and generally athletics is ok but sport at the highest level is generally thrilling I find

I am a follower of a number of sports but until it clears up the doping issue athletics, like cycling, will not be amongst them.

I would never attend any event just for the experience and have declined the opportunity to go to Wimbledon and Twickenham as I felt the tickets would be better appreciated by fans of those sports.

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
Even allowing for the euphoria not winning, she was still so fresh after that run. The others were absolutely knackered.In a different class doesn't cover it!
Wonderful run.

D

Deleted member 1147

Salazar has done very well with her ... 🤔🤭🤫😁

D

Deleted member 15344

Couple of silvers in the Relays

Ladies beaten by the Jamaica and the men beaten by the US with one drug cheat x 2 , one guy who has gone “missing” on other tests