Wordle

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Once we have a letter identified as correct, we must use it. We can’t do letter eliminating words.
This is the way it should be done, to get it in the least shots possible, which is surely what you want to do.
Although I'm not on hard mode, it's how I've always done it.

TimShady

Banned
Visit site
This is the way it should be done, to get it in the least shots possible, which is surely what you want to do.
I guess each to their own. I feel doing it this way is the more pure and challenging way but it does also mean I have more chance of not getting it. Anyone could do three or four letter elimination words at the start and almost guarantee success.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Occasionally you might have three or more possible words to choose from (e.g. sound, round, hound, mound) if you only need one letter - but you only have two guesses left. This is the only time I'd use an 'eliminator' word to ensure I don't fail. In the above example, writing marsh would tell you which letter is needed. In hard mode (asterisk) you're not allowed to do this, you'd just have to guess and hope.