Won a major today

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I know everyone is engrossed in the Ryder Cup, I am too, but not before playing in the last major of the season, the Closing mixed for the Wright Musker Salvers.
We went out in light rain, which got worse as the first nine went on, We didn't play great on the first nine, especially me, my partner also missed a 12 inch putt, but we managed 15 points. On the tenth we blobbed, the picked up 2 net pars on 11 and 12. So we had 19 points after 12.

The 13th is a long par 4 and we were about 20 feet from the pin in 3 and I holed it for a par and 3 points.
The 14th is a par 3, my partner stuck it to 5 feet and I holed the putt for a birdie 2 and another 3 points.
15th par 5, a good drive by my followed by a nice 2nd by my partner I had a 60 yd pitch which I put on the top tier and we 2 putted for a par and another 3 points.
16th I hit another good drive and my partner stuck it on the green, 2 putts from 30 feet for another par and another 3 points.
17th is a par 5 another good drive from me lovely 2nd by my patner to clear a ditch 180yds away, I was just short of the green then a pitch and 2 putts for a bogey 6 and 2 points.
On to the 18th a par 3, partner missed right but I hit the green, missed the birdie but a safe par and another 3 points.

We played the last 6 in level par for 17 points and a total of 36 which won by 1

We had a nice meal and presentation afterwards, here is me with my salver.

salver 002.jpg

T

thecraw

No offence but no one cares tonight!!!!

You picked the wrong night to post about your victory - well done but join in the Ryder Cup party.

T

thecraw

Bit OTT Craw. Yes the RC is huge but at least congratulate the lady on her success. Well played Louise

You really need to get yourself down to specsavers mate. That's twice tonight you've failed to read a post of mine correctly.

:temper:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Well done Louise.Made up for you.It's a bit quiet on here tonight, wonder why?

Is that your favourite bingo top? :)

Last edited:

virtuocity

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never won a huge trophy in all my life.

I better get good at this golf lark, cos I'm running out of time.

GREAT WIN Louise! Congratulations.