Womens tees.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why there isn't universal standard colour code set for tees and distance markers i don't know :confused: .
ATM clubs can chose whatever colour tee and distances markers they wish. Maybe to make you buy a course planner :unsure:.
We are in a world that is striving to to establish non-gender specific tees, and even non stigma ones as well!

Colour means nothing, and is considered better than labels...yet even on this thread people (not your post) want to attach labels to them; whatever the colour. So we aren't really making much progress.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
We are in a world that is striving to to establish non-gender specific tees, and even non stigma ones as well!

Colour means nothing, and is considered better than labels...yet even on this thread people (not your post) want to attach labels to them; whatever the colour. So we aren't really making much progress.
I agree Duncan, some clubs have red fairway markers placed at 75 yards to the centre of the green, some have reds at 100 to the front. Same with tee colours
It's not rocket science making colours standard for tees and fairway markers.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
Why there isn't universal standard colour code set for tees and distance markers i don't know :confused: .
ATM clubs can chose whatever colour tee and distances markers they wish. Maybe to make you buy a course planner :unsure:.

In Germany there seems to be. The colors are (from longest to shortest): black, white, yellow, blue, red, orange and green. Every course must have at least yellow and red tees, all other tees are optional. Black and white tees can only be rated for men (as well as any other tees that result in a course lenth over 5800 m), all other tees can be rated for both men and women. Some older courses still use different colors on the course for historical reasons (for example our "blue" tees according to the rating are actually marked in black on the course, because that was the color they originally used for the ladie's championship tees and no one bothered to get new tee markers), but for rating purposes that is the color system used for the EGA rating. I don't know if that differs from the USGA system at all and if it will have to change for the new world handicap system ... so far the German golf association is a bit reluctant to tackle that at all.

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
I was under the impression that with the WHS, tee's would just have a SS/Stroke Index associated with them and anyone could play from any tee. This would benefit the aging players at our club, where some of the carries to the fairways penalise them from their old tee allocations.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I was under the impression that with the WHS, tee's would just have a SS/Stroke Index associated with them and anyone could play from any tee. This would benefit the aging players at our club, where some of the carries to the fairways penalise them from their old tee allocations.

SS and Stroke index will still be different for men and women. So every tee will have two different SS and SI ratings (if it is to be used by both genders).

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

We have removed the names of the tee's as such so just have black,whire, blue and green. all are rated, but i can only assume the green are rated for ladies as irs 1000 yards shorter than the mens, 4 shots higher in par, 4 higher course rating and 8 slope, so in change we have failed as there is no rating for ladies on any of the other tees and the shortest are not rated for men

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
One of the main problems with using different tees are the carry distances to the fairway, even from some of our red tees we have quite longs carries for some of our ladies. We also have beginners blue tees but as Capella says they make the course very bland as they take all the carry out.
I had a couple of guys over for a game, they weren't great players and to make it more equitable I played of the yellows with them.
The main problem with seniors playing ff the red tees is the in general the tees beds are quite small and so get easily ruined.