womens section

wackygolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
After been given a dozen of last years Golf monthly mags, I ventured onto this forum, which I have really enjoyed taking part and reading lots of useful posts. I spoke to several of my clubs lady members, telling them about the forum. We then discussed your mag and all agreed that there was very little coverage given to womens golf in the magazine and most of them did not buy it for that reason. There were the ladies whose husband bought it but
I am sure a lot more women would buy your magazine if there was a section for ladies to read.
Just a thought.
You will be pleased to know I bought my own copy today!

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Welcome wacky and good on you, I noticed this too, Im sure there are many publications aimed at lady golfers but I feel GM as a mainstreamer should take an oportunity here and look into their feminine side and take the plunge even if it means introducing another GM publication..

The money they could make in increased sales...phew????

wackygolfer

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hi Herb

The only ladies mag I have seen is Lady Golfer. It is quite a good read ,but it tends to have quite a lot of advertising, trying to get the ladies to part with their hubbys cash! I think the men would be surprised how much some women are interested in the technical side , instead of the fashionable part. Some interviews with some of the girls on tour would be great.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Vicky

I think you are right in that there isn't that much coverage in GM (or other mags). Might be worth sending Mike Harris a PM and seeing if he has any plans going forward to look at this problem.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hi Herb

The only ladies mag I have seen is Lady Golfer. It is quite a good read ,but it tends to have quite a lot of advertising, trying to get the ladies to part with their hubbys cash! I think the men would be surprised how much some women are interested in the technical side , instead of the fashionable part. Some interviews with some of the girls on tour would be great.

I didnt know that Vicki, someone on both sides M and F are missing a trick here, Im a bloke but Im tempted to look into this if no one else does. :) :eek: