Would new clubs really help me?

Kaizer_Soze

Head Pro
Visit site
went for a free fitting session at AG, turns out that standard off the rack suited me, I'm about 5 9 in my socks. I just had to change from stiff to regular shafts. They tried the hard sell on AP1 716's which were £599, however they had a set of 714's on the rack at £349. Was a no brainer for me.

Can't say I've noticed a huge difference in yardage gain but I do feel more confident in the knowledge that they were 'fitted'.

Also they gave me £70 trade in on a set of Cleveland TA3's I paid £25 for :D

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
went for a free fitting session at AG, turns out that standard off the rack suited me, I'm about 5 9 in my socks. I just had to change from stiff to regular shafts. They tried the hard sell on AP1 716's which were £599, however they had a set of 714's on the rack at £349. Was a no brainer for me.

Can't say I've noticed a huge difference in yardage gain but I do feel more confident in the knowledge that they were 'fitted'.

Also they gave me £70 trade in on a set of Cleveland TA3's I paid £25 for :D

its funny how standard suits a lot of people according to AG

standard suits me and I am 6 foot tall in my socks lol

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You DON'T need new clubs, but it's sure fun trying loads of different makes and models and seeing some data on what works and doesn't One drawback of AG and some pro shops is that they will only carry a limited set of stock shafts where an independent fitter will (usually) have a wider range to try and find something suited to your swing