Winter Glove Reviews?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sounds like you suffer from Raynauds
I have it, and find the best answer is to use Zippo hand warmers.
(As already stated by SpongeBob)
I have many types of gloves, and none of them are good enough.
If you find any that really work let me know.
That's interesting. *Googles*... I don't think it's quite as severe as my hands turning white or blue but they sure do get cold.

I've ordered the Cobra ones, purely because they had the smartphone touch ability over the others, whereas they all seemed much of a muchness other than that. At least that means I wouldn't have to take them off at all. Managed to find an Ebay seller with free delivery for them too (Snainton Golf) so only setting me back £18. Obviously I won't get to try them out until at least another month or two when it's properly cold though.

dronfield

Visit site
I'd be tempted to go down the mitten route. I got a pair last winter and they were great. I only end up wearing one on my right hand, a have a standard glove on my left, and just take it off when I am about to take a shot. Other than that it stays on all of the time.

It means you don't have issues with feel, I found winter gloves to play in too thick and they just felt wrong.

I too have tried this - bought a pair of FJ mittens and found them very warm.
Often end up wearing just the one, on my right hand, with my golf gloved left hand in my jacket pocket as i walk between shots.

Rich

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
There is a Canadian Country member at ours whos a real jess, he has a Titleist battery powered Muff:) in essance its a heated hand warmer, never seen one in this country but that might be the answer to your Prayers.... you could even get some fluffy pink ear warmers to match:LOL:

Last edited:

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
I bought the Callaway ones yesterday, arrived this morning. Seem really good thought I have only put them on and swung a club in the garden! Bought them after starting wet and getting wetter on Monday's round! Based purely on their fit, and how it felt swinging a club I'd recommend them. I also have a pair of the Wilson staff fleece gloves I bought at the range last year and they're definitely warm, but I'm not sure they'd be any use at all in the rain and they certainly sacrifice ability to hold the club perfectly for warmth!

Definitely better than having a frozen hand!

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I can't help feeling there's a bit of a priority issue here.
You want to keep your hands warm between golf shots - proper mittens which slip over your normal golf glove are the only solution.
Really good ski gloves will keep your hands warm as toast, but are useless for holding the club through the swing ie playing golf. Pulling on and off are a long winded process so doesn't work well...
Had some cheap fluffy lined mittens - OK but didn't deliver the warmth. Now use some more technical items (can't remember if they are CG or FJ and I'm away at moment) and they are brilliant. Have a couple of chemical hand warmers in the bag but have never needed them yet - and I have played in sub zero conditions at times (we have kept the course open with frozen greens in the past!).
Wet and cold simply doesn't work - mac wets handle the wet but need to be wet to work....and you will just get cold (unless you can source a bucket of hot water between shots!).
But at the end of the day it will, as usual, come down to what works for your needs.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I use Footjoy winter gloves - tried the Mizuno ones but they were too thick to grip the club properly.

When it's really cold I use some pushchair mittens which stay attached to the trolley handles and you just slip your hands into them when you start to walk. Saves all the hassle of taking mittens off and putting them back on. Simples.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have trolleymitts (click gear). A definite improvement on all the other options for me. Chief amongst them is that I can't lose them.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I have a fantastic pair of Zero Restriction gore windstopper gloves which are great.

Thin enough to be able to play golf in, just warm enough to keep the divers functioning but more importantly keeps the wind chill from the hands.

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve got the FootJoy ones can’t get on with them on the course. Just use them in the nets and putting green, proper glove and Mitts on the course.

Definitely, not the gloves fault, possibly the clubs or grips.;)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's interesting. *Googles*... I don't think it's quite as severe as my hands turning white or blue but they sure do get cold.

I've ordered the Cobra ones, purely because they had the smartphone touch ability over the others, whereas they all seemed much of a muchness other than that. At least that means I wouldn't have to take them off at all. Managed to find an Ebay seller with free delivery for them too (Snainton Golf) so only setting me back £18. Obviously I won't get to try them out until at least another month or two when it's properly cold though.
Well the Cobra gloves arrived, unfortunately they are a bad fit because the thumbs are too long for some reason! So don't order them unless you have particularly long thumbs. :LOL: I'll be sending them back and trying one of the others I guess.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Well the Cobra gloves arrived, unfortunately they are a bad fit because the thumbs are too long for some reason! So don't order them unless you have particularly long thumbs. :LOL: I'll be sending them back and trying one of the others I guess.
tried on teh UU ones the other day, not bad, full leather palm and fingers, My Mizuno ones only have leather on the Thumb

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
they have new ones out, though the info is a bit sparse, none of the shops in sneck have the GG in stock.. £40 a pop... which is likley to bring the OP out in a cold sweat:ROFLMAO:
My mate actually got GG ones last year for £20 off Ebay I believe. Must have been a couple of seasons old to get them at that price.

While trying on the Cobra ones I did think they were a little bit thick, I think I may try the Callaways next as they look slightly slimmer on the pictures.