Winter Glove Reviews?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I want to pick up a pair of winter gloves this year, as when my hands get frozen it's game over for me. I have some Under Armour rain grip gloves but they offer zero warmth so they were not much use last winter.

Has anyone used any of these below and can report back? Ideally I want them to be thin as possible so it doesn't feel like I'm wearing massive gloves, but also as warm as possible, obviously.

Callaway Thermal Grip:
https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Callaway-Thermal-Grip-Golf-Gloves-Pair-Pack.html#SID=5233
Cheapest option. Look like they could do the job.

Footjoy Wintersof:
https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/09FootJoy_WinterSof_Glove.html#SID=5250
Tempted because I use FootJoy weathersof typically and so I can be confident on sizing and fit etc.

Cobra Stormgrip:
https://www.affordablegolf.co.uk/stormgrip-winter-pr-co909323
These are tempting purely because they state you can still use your smartphone with the index finger. I use a GPS so with the other gloves I'd have to put that away and just rely on rangefinder.

MacWet Climatec:
https://www.function18.com/gloves/macwet-climatec-winter-golf-rain-gloves-ag7164.html
They look quite slimline which is appealing, as long as the warmth is still there? It seems to suggest only the backs are fleece lined and not the front.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
all much of a muchness TBH, FJ were OK but as these are all pretty thin, i would use the mitten type as well and wear inbetween shots over these if its that much of a problem. I have the Mizuno ones as they have a leather palm.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'd be tempted to go down the mitten route. I got a pair last winter and they were great. I only end up wearing one on my right hand, a have a standard glove on my left, and just take it off when I am about to take a shot. Other than that it stays on all of the time.

It means you don't have issues with feel, I found winter gloves to play in too thick and they just felt wrong.

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
None of the winter gloves I've tried have been any good, they have to be thin enough to be able to grip a club which gives then Zero insulating properties.

Nowadays (well not this year :cry:) I tend to carry and keep my hands in my pockets and have a couple of Zippo handwarmers.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't really want the faff of taking a mitten on and off. Would rather a pair I can leave on all the time really. I've done this before with a regular knitted glove, but even in the 30 seconds of taking a shot my hand gets freezing - think I have bad circulation or something. It's the same with my feet, I have to wear at least two pairs of socks. :LOL:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Don't really want the faff of taking a mitten on and off. Would rather a pair I can leave on all the time really. I've done this before with a regular knitted glove, but even in the 30 seconds of taking a shot my hand gets freezing - think I have bad circulation or something. It's the same with my feet, I have to wear at least two pairs of socks. :LOL:
I never find the mittens a faff. Keep them on as long as possible and get them back on as soon as the club is in the bag. Really doesn't bother me. If it is that much of an issue and you have a real problem with circulation then hand warmers may be the way to go

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
get Cold hands then:ROFLMAO: you big jessie, factions of a sec to take these big mitten type gloves off and on:rolleyes:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mittens are awful, most I knew ditched them the day the assistant pro came back in from testing the then new winter playing gloves. The news that he liked them spread like wildfire and the pro was almost constantly sold out. Mittens say gathering dust...

MacWet or Galvin Green all the way.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well, I just take my hand out, whack it, and put it back on. 20 minutes later, when it has warmed up, I put it back on the driver. It is never that cold in the UK that I need gloves for more than a few holes.

Robin Hood

Visit site
Sounds like you suffer from Raynauds
I have it, and find the best answer is to use Zippo hand warmers.
(As already stated by SpongeBob)
I have many types of gloves, and none of them are good enough.
If you find any that really work let me know.

robinthehood

Hacker
Visit site
Sounds like you suffer from Raynauds
I have it, and find the best answer is to use Zippo hand warmers.
(As already stated by SpongeBob)
I have many types of gloves, and none of them are good enough.
If you find any that really work let me know.
Yeah handwarmers are best, make sure you don't warm your ball with them though. I know you're stickler for rules orikuru 😉