Callaway Customer Service

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The metal insert from my Odyssey works Versa 2 ball fang (http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Odyssey-Works-Versa-2-Ball-Fang-Golf-Putter.html#SID=670) came off and I took it into my pro shop to get him to send it back to be repaired. Was surprised when he called me on Friday to say Callaway won't take it back to repair but if I care to order from their O works range they'll send me a new putter.

Now while that's fantastic and I've opted for this http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acat...V-Line-Fang-CH-Black-Golf-Putter.html#SID=670 with a pistol grip it does seem a strange option to send a new putter rather than repairing. Surely as I had the metal face insert, it would only be a case of re-sticking as they would in the original build process. Very pleased with the deal and it's great customer service but does seem a strange business model

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Will you buy callaway in the future? Maybe even look at some of their other offerings?

That's how brands build brand loyalty

Nice one Callaway

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Strange indeed but nice to get a new putter.

My Scotty has gone to Titliest UK HQ to have two of the coloured discs put back in as I'd lost them on the course, all FoC which isn't bad for a putter I bought in NZ 5 years ago :thup:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The metal insert from my Odyssey works Versa 2 ball fang (http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Odyssey-Works-Versa-2-Ball-Fang-Golf-Putter.html#SID=670) came off and I took it into my pro shop to get him to send it back to be repaired. Was surprised when he called me on Friday to say Callaway won't take it back to repair but if I care to order from their O works range they'll send me a new putter.

Now while that's fantastic and I've opted for this http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acat...V-Line-Fang-CH-Black-Golf-Putter.html#SID=670 with a pistol grip it does seem a strange option to send a new putter rather than repairing. Surely as I had the metal face insert, it would only be a case of re-sticking as they would in the original build process. Very pleased with the deal and it's great customer service but does seem a strange business model

I must admit. I find it strange that you're surprised by their service. Considering you showed intent to contact them last month before the insert and fallen off.

Great service. Funny enough the metal face on my Odyseey works two ball fang has started peelineg off. Noticed it minutes before a round a while back and I rushed back for my old #9. Tempted to get my pro to send it back.
Read more at http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/sh...rvice-from-Callaway/page2#hXgaIJQdTVKPUVYM.99

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I must admit. I find it strange that you're surprised by their service. Considering you showed intent to contact them last month before the insert and fallen off.

Great service. Funny enough the metal face on my Odyseey works two ball fang has started peelineg off. Noticed it minutes before a round a while back and I rushed back for my old #9. Tempted to get my pro to send it back.
Read more at http://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/sh...rvice-from-Callaway/page2#hXgaIJQdTVKPUVYM.99

I intended to send it back as it was peeling off and then came off. I assumed my pro would send it back and it would be repaired and returned. Had no intention of asking or expecting a new putter and simply expected a repair and return

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
I intended to send it back as it was peeling off and then came off. I assumed my pro would send it back and it would be repaired and returned. Had no intention of asking or expecting a new putter and simply expected a repair and return

Fish had similar a while back.

Got to admit it's great service but this is one of the reasons I steer clear of I steer putters.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

So having heard first hand how they deal with lose putter inserts you thought you'd get a different result? And then post your surprise that you're treated the same?

I know full well if my insert had come loose and i thought i'd get a free upgrade i'd be taking advantage. And i'd have no shame admitting it too.......

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I thought this too, and now Homer has a new ping I fully expect a listing in the for sale section :D

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Coincidentally a mates insert fell out of his Odyssey 2 ball on Saturday too

A more common fault than I'd have thought

Coffey

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Really hope mine doesn't fall off! Finally have a putter which I love and don't fancy switching anytime soon

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Tempted to screen shot fishes photos and message callaway myself. I wonder if they keep all photos of damaged clubs or just send out freebies lol

They were never sent any pics, I just took it into my Pro where he was told by Callaway that they were sending a new one out to the club before even getting the original back!

I've just seen another in the club shop this weekend that had the same issue but a different model, and again, there sending out a new putter.

I will say though, my new putter is exactly the same model but it's an upgraded newer version and feels much lighter and I'm struggling with it. It's just not the same feel and weight and when it's as personal as a putter, I feel I might have to change it if it doesn't feel any better over the next few weeks as my original putter was deadly but I feel I'm having to hit the ball with this one and not stroke it!

This newer version has 2 weights in the base but there's no identifying features on them to know what the weights are and if I can make it a little heavier?

Where can I buy these weights from?

Edit: It could be just crap because it's red and my other was blue :smirk:

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
They were never sent any pics, I just took it into my Pro where he was told by Callaway that they were sending a new one out to the club before even getting the original back!

I've just seen another in the club shop this weekend that had the same issue but a different model, and again, there sending out a new putter.

I will say though, my new putter is exactly the same model but it's an upgraded newer version and feels much lighter and I'm struggling with it. It's just not the same feel and weight and when it's as personal as a putter, I feel I might have to change it if it doesn't feel any better over the next few weeks as my original putter was deadly but I feel I'm having to hit the ball with this one and not stroke it!

This newer version has 2 weights in the base but there's no identifying features on them to know what the weights are and if I can make it a little heavier?

usually find weight kits on ebay, i picked up a different weight for my M1 off there recently

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site

Put a few strips of lead tape on the bottom !!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
why would you ever put tape on the bottom of a putter? or do you mean on the back of it?

Nope, I meant the bottom. Personally I've never done it as my putter is heavy enough, but I saw a witb with Padraig Harrington once and he had it all over the sole of his putter and commented how great it was. I also was a you-tuber recently who had done the same. not sure who though.