Winchester

balaclava

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We're looking to move house nearer our two sets of grandchildren. Winchester is geographically between the two. I'm off 17 and rising, getting no younger and struggling to get past 200 yards off the tee, I don't need championship golf, I want a golf club with an active seniors section and a 'friendly' ladies section for my wife who enjoys the cup of tea after the game more than the game. Suggestions?

D

Deleted Member 1156

Hockley GC may suit your needs. I used to be a member there, it is built on chalk so playable all year round. Looks hilly but in fact it is a gentle climb from the 2nd to the 5th then basically flat around the top of the hill then a huge descent all the way down the 18th. Friendly club, good rollups, excellent ladies section so should tick most of your boxes.

D

Deleted Member 1156

The Royal isn't a great club for seniors, it's not called 'Heartattack Hill' for nothing :eek:

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
I’ve not played royal winch, but I’ve played hockley loads of times & always enjoyed it. It’s a straight choice between the 2 IMO. South winch is a rung below IMO.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
South Winch is a decent enough course, a big plus point for me would be its part of the Crown golf group, so you get all the other courses a a member I think

D

Deleted Member 1156

Lol, we've got a massive seniors section and a reasonably large ladies section.

Never noticed you struggling around it old man :D

Actually it's quite easy to get round if you don't lock yourself in the toilet at the half way hut :whistle: