Why you should have the flag stick taken out

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
A favourite of mine when I first joined this forum was a thread about using a poker chip as a marker. It went on for pages, hugely funny love and hatred for them. That one has never come back so I assume they are used less now.
No but the Equipment Rule has changed.
You also forgot to mention d****s o_O

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Surely, if the ball has hit the flag with enough force nearly send it off the green it would have gone a similar distance past if the flag had been out...? Unless its hit the back of the hole, jumped a foot in the air and dropped..

No - back spin or drop and stop. It would have probably stayed within a yard of the hole. More like drop and stop, one of the other players ball had completed plugged in the same area.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I just go with the flow. The only thing that irritates me is when someone asks for it back in on a short flat putt! I’ll maybe have it back in myself on crazy downhillers but some guys are obsessed with having it in every shot.

Wolf

Visit site
Ice cream also. Should have got some proper nibbles too.
Top man.. Im settled in with some nachos, ice also got icr cream in the feezer, some after eight mints and a full battery, flag debate usually got for a few hundred replies and moans...

Diamond

Visit site
Is it faux pas to put the flag on the floor? Must it be erect in someones hand?

Last edited:

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Over last year we just got more and more used to just leaving it in all the time.

Yes it looks nicer rolling the ball into an empty hole but for us that was the only difference.

Flag is always in now.

Grant85

Head Pro
Visit site
Yesterday, par 3, my mates ball hit the flag and nearly disappeared off the green.

One of the other guys quipped " It's why should ask for the flag stick to be taken out"

The first player always leaves the flag in, the rest of us take it.

I'd say our groups are now keeping the flag in almost all of the time.

Fewer and fewer people are taking the flag out, barring the wind blowing the flag towards you.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd say our groups are now keeping the flag in almost all of the time.

Fewer and fewer people are taking the flag out, barring the wind blowing the flag towards you.

All of my mates keep the flag in when teeing off on a Par 3 hole:ROFLMAO:

I think quite a few are missing the point of the OP

Trapdraw

Medal Winner
Visit site
Biggest issue I've seen with people holing out with the flag in, is that they then pull flag stick to remove the ball at the same time from the hole in turn causing damage to the hole edge.

Springveldt

Visit site
It was a tee shot from about 140 (see original post).
If it's the tee shot then that's just unlucky and has nothing to do with the flag being in or out. Next time I'm on the tee on a par 3 I'm going to tell a pp that I want the flag out and see what kind of reaction I get...