WHS: What now for golf unions ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the point he is trying to make is, unless you are a very low handicap player, the counties really do nothing for you. The guy I spoke to last night more or less admitted that. That is the perception and on the face of it, seems the reality.

Just go on the EGU.org website and check the available competitions there are several competitions run for all handicaps. Sadly they did lose the Bridgestone sponsorship tis year which gave even more opportunities for handicap players

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Just go on the EGU.org website and check the available competitions there are several competitions run for all handicaps. Sadly they did lose the Bridgestone sponsorship tis year which gave even more opportunities for handicap players
you have to pay to enter those though right?

D

Deleted member 15344

Doesn’t every sport have to pay some sort of fee to the governing bodies etc ?
Ours is about £10 a year to the county and about £12 a year to England Golf - is it really that much when they administer the game at all levels for us - even just maintaining the CDH must be a task , then various comps , seminars , coaching clinics , campaigns to bring people into golf , and then at county level various comps - team and individual comps. For the grand sum of just over £20 a year its more than worth it

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
wouldn't that be covered by the EF?
Those are some of the costs to be covered in addition to the costs to EG directly. Website, prizes, salaried employees involved in competition administration, travelling & accommodation costs of such staff, competition & handicap software.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
great for the EGU admittedly £30 i pay if FA, but i get nothing in return yet i see lots of SGU officials wandering around in branded Galvin green clothing at junior events.

Jobs for the boys as usual, thousand of members paying for jollies for juniors and SGU hangers on