• Went down by 1.0 to 2.0

• Went up by more than 2.0

• Went down by more than 2.0

• Stayed the same

Results are only viewable after voting.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've forgotten what the website was to check it again.
Just logged into Howdidido app and it says I'm 15.7 now. So I've been cut by 0.3. But in fact I'll probably get an extra shot on my home course now off the whites.

I would vote for 'stayed about the same' on that basis, but you've neglected to include that in the options. :p

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Went from 15.5 to 17.9 handicap index, which is down from the 19.9 projected last week, playing off 19 on home course. So up 3 it seems.

mrs wedge has dropped from 29 to 21, seems a bit of a large cut, she’s a little taken aback at that as it is well below anything she’s played to this year.

Junior wedge was off 6, but the WHS system just errors every time he tries to register, waiting on the club to resolve it with WHS.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
was off 5.3 now 4.2, our css/sss was always two over so in effect got 6 shots on my home course, will be the same with the slope etc, so not really a change, though i will go up a shot next card unless i shhot the lighst out as my 20th score is my best off the whole lot

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There is no tick box for

STAYED THE SAME

Playing off 10 before WHS and playing off 10 in my next competition

One or less does not convey the same message

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Every time I log in it changes!

So far Ive seen 19.4 (old CONGU), 21.1, 22.1 and just 19. Its got a month to settle down though :ROFLMAO:

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
If 70% went down...

...and people answered with the HI, a significant number of those could be playing off the same shot allowance on their home course!

..if people answered with the Course/Playing... that's a BIG number to have gone down! Too big in fact given the spread of scores in a comp.

...and we know that many folk are still seeing errors/changes/stupefaction on the portals, so all bets off :)

D

Deleted member 25172

I don't know why you'd assume it was anything else than HI as the other two can fluctuate depending on what course you're playing.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Fragger gets 4 more shots (27) ...Sweet Jesus .what a Bandit...
CVG gets 5more but then he needs them as he's been struggling all year...

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Mine is now 10.1 on HDID and England golf. I was 10.8 on Congu, but will now be getting 12 shots off the blues at my home course.

The blues were the whites, but are now blue, and all the stroke indexes will be changing too.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just logged into Howdidido app and it says I'm 15.7 now. So I've been cut by 0.3. But in fact I'll probably get an extra shot on my home course now off the whites.

I would vote for 'stayed about the same' on that basis, but you've neglected to include that in the options. :p
I happened to look at it again and now it says 14.6. Apparently in WHS your handicap can change frequently without you even playing??

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
My HI is 0.2 less than my CONGU handicap; my CH (on my own track off back tees) is 0.7 more than my CONGU handicap. So it's gone both up and down. But I guess as my CONGU handicap is 100% from rounds at my own track then the comparison should be with my home track CH off back tees - and so it's gone up. If I factor for singles medal 0.95 my PH is 0.2 higher than my CONGU handicap.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
One of my mates got cut from 17 to 15.0 despite the fact I don't think he's played a single comp this calendar year. :oops:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
One of my mates got cut from 17 to 15.0 despite the fact I don't think he's played a single comp this calendar year. :oops:
Don't forget that, in the grand scheme of things, there is little correlation between your old CONGU handicap and your new Handicap Index.
Its more the Playing Handicap that has relevance to the old one.
My numbers were 0.1 different but my playing Handicap is 2 higher..

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don't forget that, in the grand scheme of things, there is little correlation between your old CONGU handicap and your new Handicap Index.
Its more the Playing Handicap that has relevance to the old one.
My numbers were 0.1 different but my playing Handicap is 2 higher..
It has some relevance, it's all based on the same rounds of golf. I think there's a flaw in the system if it gives the handicap much lower even though you haven't played for ages. ?‍♂️