WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

wjemather

Visit site
I have been trying to find what happens to completed rounds if a competition is subsequently abandoned.

Do completed rounds still count for handicap purposes or are they all reversed out?
All rounds where the minimum number of holes have been completed are acceptable for handicapping.

Last edited:

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
One of our members sent me the attached note:

I played yesterday and today I see a minor amendment of my handicap. This in itself is not at all unusual these days.. However from the 20 rounds recorded the 8 'counting rounds' remain exactly the same as they were before playing yesterday. Before the round I had 3 poor non-counting rounds at the bottom of the list, perhaps giving me the false security that a bad day would not matter greatly. I was wrong it appears because although the eight 'counting' rounds remain the same there was a minor adjustment which to my simple mind seems odd?.

He is quite correct that the round in question didn't make his top 8 and it didn't "page-out" a counting score. His HI went from 16.3 to 16.5.

No changes have been made to previous rounds and I can't see any PCC adjustments have been applied.

Any ideas?

wjemather

Visit site

I played yesterday and today I see a minor amendment of my handicap. This in itself is not at all unusual these days.. However from the 20 rounds recorded the 8 'counting rounds' remain exactly the same as they were before playing yesterday. Before the round I had 3 poor non-counting rounds at the bottom of the list, perhaps giving me the false security that a bad day would not matter greatly. I was wrong it appears because although the eight 'counting' rounds remain the same there was a minor adjustment which to my simple mind seems odd?.

He is quite correct that the round in question didn't make his top 8 and it didn't "page-out" a counting score. His HI went from 16.3 to 16.5.

No changes have been made to previous rounds and I can't see any PCC adjustments have been applied.

Any ideas?
If I had to guess, I'd say they are in the soft/hard cap zone and their low handicap index has increased.

Last edited:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just had the county course rating team in as they are now going around redoing all courses in Devon. Out CR and slope have changed and I was wondering if any V1 users know if it’s just a matter of amending the cr and slop on the tees or will it mean redoing all the tees again?

wjemather

Visit site
Just had the county course rating team in as they are now going around redoing all courses in Devon. Out CR and slope have changed and I was wondering if any V1 users know if it’s just a matter of amending the cr and slop on the tees or will it mean redoing all the tees again?
The last time we had any changes, Club Systems advised to create new tee sets in ClubV1 to avoid any potential problems.

IanMcC

Visit site
You also need to liaise with England Golf, as they need to change the data in the WHS portal, with a starting date for the new settings required.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Did they say why they are re-rating? Didn't think anything had changed within the rating system.

Bit late in the year isn't it?

wjemather

Visit site
Did they say why they are re-rating? Didn't think anything had changed within the rating system.

Probably just the normal 10-year rating cycle. The system gets updated every few years; there were a few changes last year.

Ratings are done between April and September, and it usually takes about 6 weeks from the day of the rating for the paperwork to be completed and ratified by EG, and then active on the system.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site

All being redone to fit in with the cycle also there have been changed to the rating system. Due to further changes on handicapping next year we have also been told to wait and not fork out for new boards.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you go to Settings/Course Changes, you can see any pending or applied changes.
Been looking at this and see that although the certificate we received says 28 Oct the WHS has got a date in late November so I presume I do nothing for now. Will need time anyway as I will be needing V1 support because I forgot how this was set up previously.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The last time we had any changes, Club Systems advised to create new tee sets in ClubV1 to avoid any potential problems.
Just to let you know, new tee sets were not required. Just change the slope and cr on the initial course set up page. Best to wait until the WHS activation date. On the day then use the drop down menus on the CDH courses to put the relevant slope and cr of that course.

tobybarker

Visit site

Any ideas?
We had an odd one this week too.... We don't have qualifiers this time of year, and this member has not put in a card since August anyway. He just noticed his HI went up slightly out of the blue, so he gets one more shot of the yellows. Can't see why. But he was happy!

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
We had an odd one this week too.... We don't have qualifiers this time of year, and this member has not put in a card since August anyway. He just noticed his HI went up slightly out of the blue, so he gets one more shot of the yellows. Can't see why. But he was happy!
Seen some comments simpler to this on the FB site. Was wondering if there is a once a year rounding up/down system that kicks in annually?