WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

NearHull

Visit site
We have done the same.
I may have misunderstood a little. We have turned off HDID for Casual Round Acceptable Scores submissions as we believe the marker integrity is not up to the same standard as EG App. Has the HDID App been updated to fix this?

wjemather

Visit site
I may have misunderstood a little. We have turned off HDID for Casual Round Acceptable Scores submissions as we believe the marker integrity is not up to the same standard as EG App. Has the HDID App been updated to fix this?
HDID has been updated - "enhanced markers scoring" setting in ClubV1.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I can't think of any member that does not have a mobile phone, even amongst our seniors. I am sure there must be somewhere or have one but don't like it, if there was a training issue we would assist of course.
When we were setting up WHS I was amazed at how many members didn't have a mobile and over 20 didn't have an email address.

IanMcC

Visit site
Anyone noticed anything like this before? This was a Seniors Comp run at our club on Monday. The Competition Prints on CV1 are correct, but the result posted on HDID and CV1 Members Hub have the top 5 inverted! Not a big deal, but strange. I cloned the Seniors M&H comp, and could see nothing amiss. Only thing I could see different from my comps was that he set a 1500 start for the Leaderboard to be visible.

Attachments

• HDID reverse order.PNG
    HDID reverse order.PNG
    21.2 KB · Views: 12

NearHull

Visit site
We had a medal round last week. Clubv1 seems to be handling a 0 score somewhat differently to last year.

One player started, but did not complete two holes. He then scored for the rest of the round. He entered his two 0 correctly. When the comp was closed off, ClubV1 had added 5 shots to the par of the hole for each of the 0 scores. It then gave him a counting score and did not DQ or NR him in the results. He entered his scores using the HDID App.

When we checked a few NR scores, the software added 5 shots to every par for each 0 entered. This resulted in some scores of 162 (par of 72 + (5*18)) the player did not even bother to return any score. But these were returned by the software as NR. They were entered using the psi terminals.

(We will be sanctioning the NRs that either didn’t know about returning cards or couldn’t be bothered ).

On checking EG Db , all 0 scores were handled correctly by inserting * for all players - except for the player who used the HDID App - his score transferred as par + 5 for each of the two not completed holes.

We’ve rechecked the comp set up but can’t find anything untoward. We only discovered this issue by chance.

Any thoughts please?

Last edited:

wjemather

Visit site
We had a medal round last week. Clubv1 seems to be handling a 0 score somewhat differently to last year.

One player started, but did not complete two holes. He then scored for the rest of the round. He entered his two 0 correctly. When the comp was closed off, ClubV1 had added 5 shots to the par of the hole for each of the 0 scores. It then gave him a counting score and did not DQ or NR him in the results. He entered his scores using the HDID App.

When we checked a few NR scores, the software added 5 shots to every par for each 0 entered. This resulted in some scores of 162 (par of 72 + (5*18)) the player did not even bother to return any score. But these were returned as NR. They were entered using the psi terminals.

(We will be sanctioning the NRs that either didn’t know about returning cards or couldn’t be bothered ).

On checking EG Db , all 0 scores were handled correctly by inserting * for all players - except for the player who used the HDID App - his score transferred as par + 5 for each of the two not completed holes.

We’ve rechecked the comp set up but can’t find anything untoward. We only discovered this issue by chance.

Any thoughts please?
On the "Handicaps" tab of the comp setup, you should find "Maximum shots above Par allowed per hole..." set to 5.

Sounds like some players may have incorrectly entered "hole not played" rather than "hole not completed" after inputting a "0", so are getting nett pars instead of nett double bogeys for handicapping.

NearHull

Visit site
On the "Handicaps" tab of the comp setup, you should find "Maximum shots above Par allowed per hole..." set to 5.

Sounds like some players may have incorrectly entered "hole not played" rather than "hole not completed" after inputting a "0", so are getting nett pars instead of nett double bogeys for handicapping.

on the "Maximum shots above Par allowed……. What should it be set to?

we think the player using the HDID App to enter his score may well have misread the prompt on his small screen. We will be checking.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

How does that sit with the table in 3.2?

wjemather

Visit site
How does that sit with the table in 3.2?
My assumption is that the holes in question were played, so 3.2 is not applicable.

With ClubV1, the PSI prompts the player to confirm whether the hole was played or not after entering a zero - it's all too easy and instinctive to mistakenly select not played - I've even done it myself (!!) but knowing what I do, I corrected it before submitting; many (perhaps most) won't.

One of our members entered 3 such hole scores on the weekend, and had a couple of others earlier in his record - his index increased by about 1.5 once I'd corrected them.

Last edited:

tobybarker

Visit site
please clarify the difference between did not complete and did not play, as far as the player's scoring record is concerned.....I have noticed that some guys, once they have NRed often just stop recording their scores after that and so just put a stream of zeroes into the computer after that hole. I need to be able to explain the correct procedure, and why. As you can tell I'm new to this, so be gentle

wjemather

Visit site
please clarify the difference between did not complete and did not play, as far as the player's scoring record is concerned.....I have noticed that some guys, once they have NRed often just stop recording their scores after that and so just put a stream of zeroes into the computer after that hole. I need to be able to explain the correct procedure, and why. As you can tell I'm new to this, so be gentle
Did not complete = nett double bogey
Did not start = nett par (with nett par +1 for the first such hole if 10-13 holes played)

An NR only applies to that hole; for handicapping players are required to complete the round as normal and record scores for all remaining holes (since they would already be DQ in regular stroke play, they can subsequently continue as if Stableford scoring with regards to holing out).

Since WHS is an average-best handicap system, completing such rounds is important because they could still count in the best 8 at any point during the next 19 rounds. If not completing happens frequently and goes unchecked, it's inevitable that a bogus high score will end up counting in the best 8. Either way the players index could be (much) higher than it ought to be.

It's unlikely (more likely if there are lots of them), but such scores could also affect the daily PCC calculation, which in turn affects everyone else who played that day.

Committees need to educate players in the first instance, remove any scores that have been made unacceptable for handicapping, and apply appropriate sanctions for players who persistently fail to meet their responsibilities under the rules of handicapping.

NearHull

Visit site
It needs to be blank for standard stroke play (medal).
You were absolutely correct. The comp had been set incorrectly as a Maximum Score Medal. Strangely resetting and rerunning the result is taking some effort.

Thank you for your help, it’s what this forum is about for me!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I am not in the mood for trawling.

We held a singles competition on Monday. The organiser has only just recently taken over setting up comps. He set the comp up, incorrectly, as a non-qualifier.

Can this be changed in retrospect and scores uploaded to the WHS?

If yes how?

PS I do not do the admin myself but need to explain the 'how to' to the person who does.

PS please use the reply so I know it has been answered.

IanMcC

Visit site

We held a singles competition on Monday. The organiser has only just recently taken over setting up comps. He set the comp up, incorrectly, as a non-qualifier.

If yes how?

PS I do not do the admin myself but need to explain the 'how to' to the person who does.

I believe the scores will have to be manually entered on to the WHS platform.

wjemather

Visit site

If yes how?

What system are you using? If ClubV1, the answer is no according to the release notes (I've not verified this). I would expect other ISVs to be the same, so all the scores will need to be re-entered for WHS.

However, it may be quicker to recreate the comp correctly and re-enter the scores that way, rather than directly into WHS.