WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
WE held our handicap review and decided to raise the handicaps of 2 of the players recommended for increase, the problem is we want to raise one by 2 shots and it wont let us because her current index is 4.1 more than her low index.
The software says if you need to change the low index and there is a tick box to that says change low index but when I try to it wont let me.

It seems odd that the system is saying put them up but then not letting us do so, does anyone know how we get round this?

wjemather

Visit site
WE held our handicap review and decided to raise the handicaps of 2 of the players recommended for increase, the problem is we want to raise one by 2 shots and it wont let us because her current index is 4.1 more than her low index.
The software says if you need to change the low index and there is a tick box to that says change low index but when I try to it wont let me.

It seems odd that the system is saying put them up but then not letting us do so, does anyone know how we get round this?
Yes, the problem is down to the order in which the requests are processed... The system attempts to apply the adjustment first, and since it will not allow an increase above the hard cap, an error is returned and the request to reset the Low Handicap Index never gets processed.

The workaround is simple: apply a downward adjustment while resetting the Low Handicap Index, and then apply an upward adjustment (remembering to include reversal of the downward adjustment).

I requested a simple "Reset Low Handicap Index" option many months ago (to make these things easier) but nothing as yet.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, the problem is down to the order in which the requests are processed... The system attempts to apply the adjustment first, and since it will not allow an increase above the hard cap, an error is returned and the request to reset the Low Handicap Index never gets processed.

The workaround is simple: apply a downward adjustment while resetting the Low Handicap Index, and then apply an upward adjustment (remembering to include reversal of the downward adjustment).

I requested a simple "Reset Low Handicap Index" option many months ago (to make these things easier) but nothing as yet.
Thanks, I have done what you said and it has taken it but the proposed handicap tomorrow looks too high, I think becuase the low index is getting reset. all the previous 0.5 increases over the soft cap have now been changed to full increases. i think I will have to stop the changes and think again.

wjemather

Visit site
Thanks, I have done what you said and it has taken it but the proposed handicap tomorrow looks too high, I think becuase the low index is getting reset. all the previous 0.5 increases over the soft cap have now been changed to full increases. i think I will have to stop the changes and think again.
Yes, by resetting the Low Handicap Index, any suppressed increases will be fully applied (e.g. an index 4.0 above the LHI will immediately increase by 1.0, an index at the hard cap will increase by at least 2.0, etc.), so any manual adjustment needs to take account of this.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, by resetting the Low Handicap Index, any suppressed increases will be fully applied (e.g. an index 4.0 above the LHI will immediately increase by 1.0, an index at the hard cap will increase by at least 2.0, etc.), so any manual adjustment needs to take account of this.
it increases by more than 1-. it increased by 1.2 but we cant apply a 0.8 adjustment.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We did the review last night and just 4* were due for amendment compared to the 30 or so we normally get when we had done reviews in Feb/March.

Is this a sign that the WHS is working or just the review was done too early re the the amount of play in the last year?

* We normally get about 100 on the review list and there were just 27.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
We did the review last night and just 4* were due for amendment compared to the 30 or so we normally get when we had done reviews in Feb/March.

Is this a sign that the WHS is working or just the review was done too early re the the amount of play in the last year?

* We normally get about 100 on the review list and there were just 27.

I think it is just because the under the new system handicaps are more accurate so its mainly the ones who are over their soft cap that need looking at. ie people who should be going up a a greater rate than the system sllows

Swango1980

Visit site
Not a WHS matter but a HDID one. For those that use it, since the upgrade and new (and awful) comp booking system, I cannot see where, once a comp has been drawn, where the start sheet comes up. Any ideas or help appreciated
Thank goodness someone mentioned this. Booking into out latest comp has been a nightmare, and not sure how much is to do with how it was set up, and how much is to do with howdidido's update.

It was impossible for anyone to book in via howdidido. Tried, it said there were x many spaces, but then you go to next screen and said no spaces. Only way to book in was at the pro shop, and they got us in using the system directly.

However, that was 2 or so weeks ago. Comp is tomorrow. At no point has the start sheet been available on howdidido. Again, it gives you an option to view it, but it is absent when you go to that screen. Wouldn't surprise me if there are a lot of no shows tomorrow.

Swango1980

Visit site
Yep sussed that bit, if, as we do for some comps, stop bookings a couple of days before then the whole thing dissapears.
I assume our booking are closed as well, as the event is tomorrow. Normally closed a week before the comp.

Either way, it looks like it is a bit of a disaster. I'm surprised it hasn't been fixed if it is a bug, as it has been like this for at least 3-4 weeks

IanMcC

Visit site
This thread intrigues me. We changed over to CSI Teesheets on 1st January. Before that, tee sheet booking was on BRS, but our comps were on Club. (We also are now using Charging on ClubV1 for the first time.)
I have not noticed any problems that are described above. None of our comps have a draw, however, and all of our comps so far have entry enabled until 1800 on the day of the comp itself.
Probably telling granny to suck eggs here, but the start sheet for the comp appears as Reserved under the normal casual golf tee sheet. You have to go to Bookable Competitions or Booking/Competition Booking on ClubV1 members Hub to access comps.
There is a method to book into comps via HDID, bypassing the Members Hub, but I cant say if it is flawed or not. I am entered into all comps that are open at the moment, and I entered these via CV1 Members Hub.
Let me know if I can help analyse the fault here at all, but I dont really know what I'm looking for yet, as I only know the new system.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Info from V1

Dear ClubV1 user,

The GB&I Golfing governing bodies will be introducing new regulations for the returning of General Play Scores for the purpose of “Safeguarding Handicap Integrity”.

These regulations stipulate a maximum distance that the player can be from the club when a round is pre-registered and a score is returned using a mobile device. They are also stipulating a minimum duration between pre-registration and score submission.

These distance/time limits are as follows for the different home unions;

England 2 Miles/3.2km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18
Ireland 1.86 Miles 3Km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18
Scotland 1 Mile/1.6Km – minimum 45 minutes for 9 holes, 1 hour 30 minutes for 18
Wales 1.86 Miles/3Km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18

Other National Federations/Unions have not informed us of any updates in their regulations.

In order for us to pinpoint your club's location, and manage the above from within our software automatically, please check/set your Longitude and Latitude in ClubV1 https://www.clubv1.com/Club/Details. This Longitude and Latitude setting should be set for a location where your club wishes for us to start this measurement, not necessarily from the clubhouse or first tee. To find your Longitude and Latitude, right-click on the desired position on Google maps. If a member does not have location (GPS) services enabled on his/her mobile device, or you have not got this setting correctly set in ClubV1, a score cannot be pre-registered or submitted.

Swango1980

Visit site
Info from V1

Dear ClubV1 user,

The GB&I Golfing governing bodies will be introducing new regulations for the returning of General Play Scores for the purpose of “Safeguarding Handicap Integrity”.

These regulations stipulate a maximum distance that the player can be from the club when a round is pre-registered and a score is returned using a mobile device. They are also stipulating a minimum duration between pre-registration and score submission.

These distance/time limits are as follows for the different home unions;

England 2 Miles/3.2km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18
Ireland 1.86 Miles 3Km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18
Scotland 1 Mile/1.6Km – minimum 45 minutes for 9 holes, 1 hour 30 minutes for 18
Wales 1.86 Miles/3Km – minimum 1 hour for 9 holes, 2 hours for 18

Other National Federations/Unions have not informed us of any updates in their regulations.

In order for us to pinpoint your club's location, and manage the above from within our software automatically, please check/set your Longitude and Latitude in ClubV1 https://www.clubv1.com/Club/Details. This Longitude and Latitude setting should be set for a location where your club wishes for us to start this measurement, not necessarily from the clubhouse or first tee. To find your Longitude and Latitude, right-click on the desired position on Google maps. If a member does not have location (GPS) services enabled on his/her mobile device, or you have not got this setting correctly set in ClubV1, a score cannot be pre-registered or submitted.
Scottish golfers must play more quickly than the rest of us in the UK. I guess it is because they are often keen to get out of the rubbish weather.