WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Will the player be able to do that themselves on PSI, or will.it be down to someone at club to do it for them, or at least find their name so they can enter score?
Unfortunately because of lockdown 2 I can’t go up and try but I suspect yes but at present only when you have entered them as a visitor in the same way as you do for opens.

Swango1980

Visit site
Unfortunately because of lockdown 2 I can’t go up and try but I suspect yes but at present only when you have entered them as a visitor in the same way as you do for opens.
If the club need to manually enter them as a visitor, then it will be likely no player who isn't a member will be able to enter casual rounds at my club. I wont be there to do it for him, and I cannot see our staff being able to do it for several reasons.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
If the club need to manually enter them as a visitor, then it will be likely no player who isn't a member will be able to enter casual rounds at my club. I wont be there to do it for him, and I cannot see our staff being able to do it for several reasons.

At the moment that’s the only way I can see it being done at the club but as I posted earlier they could take the card home and get it entered through the dashboard

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Go into scores on the dashboard, bring up the player and then do a search on the course, haven’t gone any further but I assume (I know) it’s straightforward from there.
This doesn't seem to work. Our manager, having found and selected the player, the system proposed our course and the was no option to choose anything else.

Chinny

Visit site
To give an example, one ladies score in July 2019 was gross 96. Course rating 73.3 - PCC 1 = 72.3 so score to slope is 23.7. With a slope of 132 the differential is showing as 20.3.

However the CSS on that day was 71 (SSS 72 - 1). Should the score before the slope adjustment be 96 - 71 = 25, with the differential becoming 21.4?

Your score differential calculation of 20.3 is correct. (y)

Basically the course rating has replaced the old SSS so forget the old SSS when doing any calculations.

If the CSS (PCC) was -1 use a course rating of 72.3
If the CSS (PCC) was 0 use 73.3
If the CSS (PCC) was +1 use 74.3

Hope this assists ;)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is a fiddly drop down menu where you start typing the course name then you select the tee and type in the scores.
Thanks. I'll ask him to try again.
Edit: Just had a thought - what if the player hadn't registered his intent before he played

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Given that the facility to run an Annual Review has now been deleted from local ISV software platforms...I take it that this facility will be made available within the WHS DotGolf platform at some point in the near future?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Must register, not seen anything to contradict it but I haven’t fully read the rules yet
Not quite what I meant. I wonder if that is causing the problem of not finding the other course in the drop down. Perhaps it only shows clubs with which he is 'associated'
eg
  • his Away club,
  • a club where he has registered to play in an Open competition
  • where he has registered to submit a General play score.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not quite what I meant. I wonder if that is causing the problem of not finding the other course in the drop down. Perhaps it only shows clubs with which he is 'associated'
eg
  • his Away club,
  • a club where he has registered to play in an Open competition
  • where he has registered to submit a General play score.

No, I was able to put any club in using the drop down.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Your score differential calculation of 20.3 is correct. (y)

Basically the course rating has replaced the old SSS so forget the old SSS when doing any calculations.

If the CSS (PCC) was -1 use a course rating of 72.3
If the CSS (PCC) was 0 use 73.3
If the CSS (PCC) was +1 use 74.3

Hope this assists ;)

Thanks for replying. It seems rather unfair because the course was significantly easier in 2018 and 2019 before changes were made and the course was re-rated. However the whole exercise of WHS seems to have been done on a wing and a prayer so it's not surprising.

IanMcC

Visit site
We have ClubV1. If I set up a comp as non acceptable conditions (non qualifier), everyone's Playing Handicap is the same as their Course Handicap. The 95% Playing Handicap adjustment for a Stableford Singles Comp is not applied. Surely this is an error, because, although we wont use the scores for handicap adjustments, the competition will still take place locally and the correct adjustments should still take place for the result, I believe. Could someone confirm this, and maybe check on another operating system if possible, please?.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have ClubV1. If I set up a comp as non acceptable conditions (non qualifier), everyone's Playing Handicap is the same as their Course Handicap. The 95% Playing Handicap adjustment for a Stableford Singles Comp is not applied. Surely this is an error, because, although we wont use the scores for handicap adjustments, the competition will still take place locally and the correct adjustments should still take place for the result, I believe. Could someone confirm this, and maybe check on another operating system if possible, please?.

Even if you set it up as a qualifier you still need to put the fraction in, it’s not automatic

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

It is possibly because Playing Handicap Allowances were going to be optional and it was only at a very late stage that CONGU made them compulsory (the guidance only came out on the 19th September) and the software was probably written by then.

IanMcC

Visit site
Maybe its time now to collate all of the things that dont work on WHS, recognising region and ISV. It will be interesting to see if we all have the same faults.

Region - Wales Golf
ISV - ClubV1

Fault 1 - No strokeplay round with a partial NR is uploaded into the WHS portal
Fault 2 - If a dual tee comp is set up, no allowance in Playing Handicap is given for Rule 6.2b, when the difference between par and Course Rating differs between tees.
Fault 3 - If a comp is set up as not acceptable conditions (non-qualifier) the 95% allowance has to be manually entered as a fraction.