Whos the most Decent Guy on tour?

MVP

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Following on form MWJs impression that tigers a bit bland, I thought I'd ask the GM forum crew, Who do they think is the most down to earth and decent guy on tour, and why?
who could you see yourself sitting in the pub enjoying a good beer and a chat with?

B

birdieman

Ernie E comes out pretty high in this. Reckon he'd be good for a blether at the 19th, doesn't seem to go in for any of the primadonna nonsense. Angel too if he could speak any Eeeengleeesh!

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
Darren Clarke would be great company for the craic.

I spoke to Padraig Harrington at the WGC last year at the grove(he walked off with my sharpie and i had to wait till he finished signing loads of autographs).A genuine person who id love to have a guinness with.

And John Daly would drink us all into Oblivion lol

T

thecraw

My mate plays on the European tour and birdieman you are on the money. Els is as laid back as he appears and will glady and openly speak to anybody. He is also a man happy to go for a beer with any other player. Genuine and down to earth bloke.

So I am told in very good faith.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
most of the europeans seem good guy's, Stenson seems to have a good sense of humour and Casey / Donald always come across well. i'd have to go for Lee Westwood - always has a smile on his face and seems as though he enjoys the banter

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I think that Darren Clarke would be the man for me, Els would be a very close 2nd.

I have spoke to poulter, found him to be a nice guy, he uses my beloved Cobra gear and dresses superbly, would love to share a nice beer with him.

Atticus_Finch

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I took a liking to David Duval after his Open victory speech and heard that he was the only American to party with the Europeans after the Ryder Cup.
I reckon he's a good egg.

tpred

Head Pro
Visit site
I remember tha speech atticus and was really impressed.
What a shame his game went afterwards cos i think he could have been the one to have given tiger a good run.

Id love to see him back in the groove again.
Great player great attitude.

billyg

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Quite like Jimenez- bit of a maverick, bit of journeyman, looks like he's lived a little and been round the block of life.

Less of a pint and a tab, more a brandy and Montecristo.

Interesting either way- and a bit left-field.

p.s agree with all the comments about Duval. The shades used to annoy me until I read that he has some sort of photochromic sensitivity problem.

Do you remember those great head-to-heads with Woods in years past. I thought they would carve the world up between them. Such a shame really is.

Makes you realise what a fleeting thing top level success is at this game and you have to savour the greats and hope they take a moment to savour it too.

Also shows (even if you don't like him) what an outstanding achievement Woods consistant residual form is.

rgs

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Met Des Smyth (The oldest winner of an European Tour Event)after playing at Seapoint, Co. Louth, a course Smyth designed. Was interested in our views on the course and seemed a genuine nice guy.

ACP

Club Champion
Visit site
Got to be the big Easy - met him at Carnoustie playing in the Dunhill last year. He went out of his way to speak to our friends, who organise events for a Cystic Fibrosis charity which Els supports. Great guy, very down to earth. Looks like he could sink a few as well!

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not sure about Woozie but Sam is still very active now on the Seniors. Saw him last year at the London Club. Very competitive and played to the crowd (all 25 of us)