Who is still moaning?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have seen some divots that I wouldn’t mind made out of steak .
One of the problems is the birds pull them out looking for worms, I have seen them do it early in the morning.
The divot is right next to the hole.
We had green biodegradable things to stop the birds but haven't seen them for years now, cost I assume.
We had a local rule for seeded divots rolloff as once played there was no divot to put back.
But this was stopped by R&A according to club.
Quite a few rugby players at my place and they take some very big ones.
we get the same Problems Loads of Crows nest in the garden of a large house overlooking our Practice ground. the course we played in Ediburgh for our jolly all had seed and sand mix bags for players to take on the course with then and fill your own.. seemed like a good idea. was suggested to the club when we got back

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
we get the same Problems Loads of Crows nest in the garden of a large house overlooking our Practice ground. the course we played in Ediburgh for our jolly all had seed and sand mix bags for players to take on the course with then and fill your own.. seemed like a good idea. was suggested to the club when we got back
We can’t get the members to fill the divots on the tees.
They wouldn’t carry a bag full around.
This time of year with the growing slowing down, we pick divots up and get the scouts to come and fill them in.
Bit more than bob a job now though.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
We can’t get the members to fill the divots on the tees.
They wouldn’t carry a bag full around.
This time of year with the growing slowing down, we pick divots up and get the scouts to come and fill them in.
Bit more than bob a job now though.
in theory we should have any divots from Mid Nov though to end of march as we are on mats due to no growth for that time.... FYI its covered, loads don't bother if no one can see them... they think it dosn't matter

Swinglowandslow

Visit site
There is no reason to have the flag attended, you'd either have to deal with it or ask someone else.

Well, I've been accused of being an awkward so and so at times, but this is beyond the pale.
Have you ever indulged someone's wish that you may not want for yourself.
If it doesn't cost you ,what little element in you makes you refuse their wish.?
🙄

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Well, I've been accused of being an awkward so and so at times, but this is beyond the pale.
Have you ever indulged someone's wish that you may not want for yourself.
If it doesn't cost you ,what little element in you makes you refuse their wish.?
🙄

It's been covered please move along.....

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'll have you know sir that I am thinking of asking Santa for a measuring device for Christmas. My problem is that my golf-gear adviser (my daughters boyfriend is a Club Pro) tells me that I should be asking for a laser zapper rather than a GPS watch. They are sooo expensive :eek: And at the same time my golf bag is pretty knackered and I need a new one...and that's another £150 or so. And my wife won't let Santa give me both....she is so crooool
Hugh I'm actually flabbergasted you haven't already discussed the NRDP , Nationally Recognised Dowry Position /payment. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Hugh I'm actually flabbergasted you haven't already discussed the NRDP , Nationally Recognised Dowry Position /payment. :ROFLMAO:

I have discussed the HNDP (Historically Normal Down-Payment) required for continued relationship with her. And I have explained that I will take that down-payment in kind.

User20204

Visit site
Tiger had the flag tended on a long putt yesterday, I wonder if the theory is someone standing there gives better perception of distance as he was a long way away.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I don't mind the rule itself but I've had a few instances of where the flag has hit the pin at a pace it would drop in, and rolled out. So for short important putts, the flag is out. For long ones I still ask for it to be tended. After all the new rule doesn't prohibit the flag being tended and sometimes that is beneficial.

Last edited: