• yes- more than 2 per month

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • yes - less than 2 per month

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

madandra

Money List Winner
Visit site
Has anyine asctually heard CaMORON detail his polocies on tax and how HE can get us out of this hole we find ourselves in. Boom and bust is not just a labour disease. Maggie Twatcher gave everyone the right to but their council houses thus leaving no affordable housing in the South of England because as soon as they could sell up and move elsewhere they did. This caused the mortgage black hole we have in this country. People on £18k a year are lying just to get £300,000 mortgages for a two bedroom flat in Peckham. Cheers Maggie.

haplesshacker

Money List Winner
mid-life-crisis-man.blogspot.co.uk
Despite the 'dangerous' nature of this topic, I've enjoyed reading the varied responses on here, and it creates an interesting debate.

I'm expecting another sprog in April, and picked up an FSA produced A5 bound info pack on the financial aspects of having children in the hospital earlier this week.

As an example of what is available in tax credit etc terms, it showed an example of a family that had a joint income of £22,000, and how they get another £17,000 a year in benefits.

Now I have no major problem with that as they work and earn a living. What does gripe me is that I'm not too far from that total, and I get virtually nothing! So how do they do it? What's their secret. You can call me bitter, and yes I might be a bit. But the difference is substantial.

As for MWJ's example of the woman with the CLK. Hang her!!!!

I just don't have the balls to quit my job and let the state look after me. I couldn't live with the shame, and my dent to my own pride and self esteem.

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
plaid cymru!!!!!

Flag-Wales.png

JOKE!!!! I aint voted since I turned 18, cant be arsed with it all, I reckon they are all the same.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
SNP, but as I'm in England, I'm a bit flummoxed.

Don;t want the Tories back for obvious reasons, Labour have taxed us out of existence, and the Libs would ban cars if they had a chance. Can't vote for any of the English parties. Didn;t vote last time around for just the same reasons, will probably do the same again unless we get another candidate.

I watched the ITV Tonight program a couple of months back in regards to taxation. The program took the Labour government of the 1970s & current 12 years & the Tory 18 year one it was the Tories at 40.4% overall tax as the highest taxing party, Labour where 39.6%. Was interesting, I know I would rather pay tax on what and when I bought something rather than a sweeping taxation method of high income tax and low VAT.

I would vote Labour, I just think the Tories believing that a 10% NI reduction for businesses would lower unemployment very very ill thoughout as it would create another revolving door issue the country suffered in the 1980s & 90s also shows Cameron as another Eton boy without a clue.

There just isnt the options in the UK for a massive change which is needed.

The main reasons Tory's have higher tax figures is because of Labour! Historically Labour come to power, spend spend borrow borrow overspend and waste, then a Tory government appear and have to get the country out of crap which looks like happening yet again, hence the extra taxing. Labour have had good fortune more than once to inherit either a buoyant economy or a binine one followed by healthy world economy or before that healthy industry and exports. It is the Tory's who have served this country better than labour on more than enough occasions. If Labour stay in (god forbid!) we will see just how bad a political party can be to its people as they are half way there already.lol Its too easy to blame the world economy for everything. Im sorry to say that I think anyone who votes Labour has only personal interest in mind or is incredibly naive or both.
I dont have any favour for any of the current parties on offer but one should be kicked into touch and thats Labour.
At a time of world economic buoyancy
They inherit a benine economy (like gold to a chancellor)
They take over the running of millenium dome and waste it.
They buy Euro's at a huge loss.
They fleece the pension fund.
They take us into an unnecessary war.
They increase every tax they claim they wouldnt
They create a whole host of taxes some dont realise exist.
They over spend most of which is wasted without control
They borrow and borrow a great tax burden for everyone
They empty the larder when PRUDENCE was actually needed as a real meaningful word and not BS of Brown.
They give Brussels too much of our money that they never get back.

The list is endless and I do mean endless.
Im sorry but as far as I am concerned I dont have one iota of concern for anyone voting for ANY party BUT Labour, I just think voting Labour is so so wrong,

And most of the above has little to do with the world economy status, thats another issue where Britain thought itself a little bigger than it actually is.Or should I say labour Britain.

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
SNP, but as I'm in England, I'm a bit flummoxed.

Don;t want the Tories back for obvious reasons, Labour have taxed us out of existence, and the Libs would ban cars if they had a chance. Can't vote for any of the English parties. Didn;t vote last time around for just the same reasons, will probably do the same again unless we get another candidate.

I watched the ITV Tonight program a couple of months back in regards to taxation. The program took the Labour government of the 1970s & current 12 years & the Tory 18 year one it was the Tories at 40.4% overall tax as the highest taxing party, Labour where 39.6%. Was interesting, I know I would rather pay tax on what and when I bought something rather than a sweeping taxation method of high income tax and low VAT.

I would vote Labour, I just think the Tories believing that a 10% NI reduction for businesses would lower unemployment very very ill thoughout as it would create another revolving door issue the country suffered in the 1980s & 90s also shows Cameron as another Eton boy without a clue.

There just isnt the options in the UK for a massive change which is needed.

The main reasons Tory's have higher tax figures is because of Labour! Historically Labour come to power, spend spend borrow borrow overspend and waste, then a Tory government appear and have to get the country out of crap which looks like happening yet again, hence the extra taxing. Labour have had good fortune more than once to inherit either a buoyant economy or a binine one followed by healthy world economy or before that healthy industry and exports. It is the Tory's who have served this country better than labour on more than enough occasions. If Labour stay in (god forbid!) we will see just how bad a political party can be to its people as they are half way there already.lol Its too easy to blame the world economy for everything. Im sorry to say that I think anyone who votes Labour has only personal interest in mind or is incredibly naive or both.
I dont have any favour for any of the current parties on offer but one should be kicked into touch and thats Labour.
At a time of world economic buoyancy
They inherit a benine economy (like gold to a chancellor)
They take over the running of millenium dome and waste it.
They buy Euro's at a huge loss.
They fleece the pension fund.
They take us into an unnecessary war.
They increase every tax they claim they wouldnt
They create a whole host of taxes some dont realise exist.
They over spend most of which is wasted without control
They borrow and borrow a great tax burden for everyone
They empty the larder when PRUDENCE was actually needed as a real meaningful word and not BS of Brown.
They give Brussels too much of our money that they never get back.

The list is endless and I do mean endless.
Im sorry but as far as I am concerned I dont have one iota of concern for anyone voting for ANY party BUT Labour, I just think voting Labour is so so wrong,

And most of the above has little to do with the world economy status, thats another issue where Britain thought itself a little bigger than it actually is.Or should I say labour Britain.

Against the minimum wage
War in the Falklands to win an lost election
Cutting the military budget so much so that a carrier had to return before it got to the Falklands costing numerous lives.
Poll tax
Criminal justice act
The Miners
Destruction of the UK industries
Lack of public spending
Selling of Utilities due to incompetent running by their etonian chums
Selling British Rail
Selling parts of the NHS & MOD to contractors at the expense of workers & customers
Right to buy, selling council housing at a fraction of the cost and not replacing the houses, that money is still missing.
40% Income tax rates
Creating stealth taxes
3+ Million unemployed
Employment rotating door policies, offer the youth a YTS, pay the employer and once the training is over sack them creating more unemployment as they then take on the next set of youth, training them and not offering them a job, a little like what they suggested the other week in reducing business NI contributions.
Supporting the Labour government in Iraq.

And those are the obvious ones ignoring the sleaze and corruption, but at the end of the day for this country to return to a state of profit then all parties need to sit down, discuss what is needed, not for just a term but for the next 20-30 years and agree with them and make sure that no matter what happens from term to term or who is elected that these plans are fulfilled. If they don't do so we will continue like we have for the past 40 years looking for short term measures to win votes.

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
So what you're saying then Parmo, is that both are equally as bad as the other and the good old British taxpayer is bo****ed either way and has no way of voting them out?

Dave3498

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The last time I voted, which was many years ago, I was standing in the line waiting to register, when the woman in front of me asked 'who is the Labour candidate?' She didn't even have enough interest to find out who the candidate was, she just wanted to vote Labour. I thought then that there was no point in me voting when my vote counts the same as hers.

I had to tick 'Other' in this poll just so that I can get a look at the results so far, but I won't be voting at all. I haven't voted for years and I can't see the point of it. We have prime minister that nobody appointed, we have all sorts of un-elected task-forces/committees/study-groups/quangos enacting rules by which we have to live. Most of our legislation comes from Brussels anyway via un-elected EEC commissioners. All the waffling on in Parliament is meaningless and ineffectual.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Can someone explain what was wrong with poll tax? If you are over 18, you should be paying. Not just the poor git who owns the house. The only thing wrong as far as I can see, is that the amount wasn't set by central gov, but was set by local gov, hence the inequalitity. If every one paid the same, what is the problem? Why should one person living in a nice house they have paid for have to pay stupid amounts of council tax, when their rubbish, sewage, etc is less than the familly of 5 living next door?

Poll tax was a good idea, poorly implemented.

Herbie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Can someone explain what was wrong with poll tax? If you are over 18, you should be paying. Not just the poor git who owns the house. The only thing wrong as far as I can see, is that the amount wasn't set by central gov, but was set by local gov, hence the inequalitity. If every one paid the same, what is the problem? Why should one person living in a nice house they have paid for have to pay stupid amounts of council tax, when their rubbish, sewage, etc is less than the familly of 5 living next door?

Poll tax was a good idea, poorly implemented.

You have a good point murph, I never saw a problem with poll tax itself, but the implimentation of it was wrong and led to ammunition for oposition parties to stir up public hatred at a time when this country was just rounding the corner.

PS If anyone saw question time last night you would have seen how inept this governments actions are, how wasteful and how much the public enjoyed the comedy session from Lugless Douglas of Labour.lol :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Most people don't vote for a particular candidate, they vote either for the party or the leader of a party. Most people don't really understand what any party stands for, what their policies are etc etc.

We get a new Government and they set about "Righting the Wrongs" of the previous Government. Then they make the Country better for a while and then they screw it up. We get a new Government and the cycle can start again.

It doesn't matter who's in charge - they'll still mess itup like every other Government in the history of eternity has.

lets let the Lib Dems have a go - couldn't make it any worse could they?

viscount17

Money List Winner
Visit site
they would find a way! for starters the green wing hate cars but are too stupid to realise you have to have a workable, and affordable, alternative first

Parmo

Tour Winner
www.roundhaygc.com
So what you're saying then Parmo, is that both are equally as bad as the other and the good old British taxpayer is bo****ed either way and has no way of voting them out?

Yes, they need to sit down and put in place a 20-30 year plan and stick to it.

The poll tax in my eyes was unfair. One person living in a 20 bedroom castle pays the same rates as a OAP in a one bed flat :D

DCB

Visit site
This thread is almost as entertaining as last years Custom Fitting thread.

At least with custom fitting you could make an informed choice. There's not much choice out there to lead the country into the hard times ahead.