Who do you trust?

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just a silly thing for a Friday but here’s a small example: My car’s off getting serviced so I have a little pile on things on my desk that wouldn’t normally be there, some keys, usb stick, gate remote, spare glasses etc & it occurred to me that when some other bloke took it away for a wash etc the other day I’d happily left all these things in the car along with coins, cd’s etc (I have no idea where he takes it or who actually washes it) and I’m thinking, why have I emptied different things today when on neither occasion did I know who’ll be in the car

Why did I trust one of these guys with the wife’s usb drive of music when I didn’t trust the other guy?

Do you strip the car when it’s away, does anyone ever get your bank card, do you loan out any of your tech, does your neighbour have house keys (or for GM forumers) does your gardener have your house keys! In short outside the usual family/friends who do you trust with your stuff?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just close friends and family I guess? Our neighbours don't have our key or anything, we don't really talk to them very much. In your scenario, they'd be a bit silly to take anything when they would be 100% the prime suspect when you find it's gone missing.

Certain things I don't even trust my wife with because she bloody loses everything.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a couple of tradesmen who I am happy to loan a key to... Allowing them access to my property, to do their works, whilst we are not in attendance... Do lock away my best biscuits 😉...

Wolf

Visit site
I don't tend to trust anyone except my Mrs or My dad with things. Been let down by to many people in the past with lending items that I simply don't do it anymore.

D

Deleted member 21258

Simple answer, I trust myself and wife. No one else.:eek:

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
not really, we let a friend stay in our house when we were away for the weekend a couple of year ago, they went out and left the front door open for 12 hours, lucky the house wasn't empty when we got back.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
I don't tend to trust anyone except my Mrs or My dad with things. Been let down by to many people in the past with lending items that I simply don't do it anymore.

Yup just this, the missus and my old man, I don’t even trust my brother, he “borrowed” my XR2i once, when I was on holiday, Broke the key in the ignition then ran out of petrol in Kent... then a month later a parking ticket turned up. 😡

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In essence I trust anyone, it's in my nature. But if that trust gets broken you can shove it. Have I been let down, once or twice. But it's there loss. However Missis T, Lordy Lordy, you have to earn her trust.