Which waterproof jacket is best for £100?

Diamond

Visit site
Last year I bought the Adidas Climacool waterproof jacket and pants, can’t fault them. Also invested in The Macwets gloves as well after some advice on here.

Springveldt

Visit site
Thanks for the heads up on the UA gore-tex jackets. Just got one from StartFitness on eBay, with a £5 off voucher so £77 in total. It's cheaper on their website (£80) if you don't have an eBay voucher.
Seems like a bargain and my current Ping waterproof jacket would appear to have shrunk around the waist area over lockdown.

sunshine

Visit site
I'm having serious problems trying to get waterproof trousers. It seems that everything in golf is made for people who are short or rotund. I got the UA goretex jacket for £100 on eBay. Very good but the matching goretex trousers only come in 32" inside leg, no idea what you do if you're taller. I need 34.
Every retailer seems to do a long as 33". Galvin green do 33.5 so may need to go with them. Proquip do 35 which are too long. Would ideally like goretex but the problem is not limited to that type of material.
FWIW I'm 6'2" and I wear small size golf shirts as anything else looks like a tent.

I have puma waterproof trousers with 34 inch waist. The legs have poppers so you can adjust the length from 33-34 inches.

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
I have puma waterproof trousers with 34 inch waist. The legs have poppers so you can adjust the length from 33-34 inches.
Are they paclite sort of thing or more for winter wear?
I'm probably going to get a paclite pair so I can wear them all year round and layer up in winter.
My current proquips get warm in summer.

sunshine

Visit site
Are they paclite sort of thing or more for winter wear?
I'm probably going to get a paclite pair so I can wear them all year round and layer up in winter.
My current proquips get warm in summer.

I think they do both. My trousers are a thicker waterproof material, but I also have Puma paclite jacket.

I haven't actually worn waterproof trousers this year. Think my luck is going to change this weekend!

Mandofred

Visit site
Just looked at the Golf Base site.....I'd never heard of them. That UnderArmour mens storm elements looks like what I'm after. Golf Base is a dependable site? I need to pick up some warmer trousers as well....I tend to put a pair of running tights on under my current trousers when it gets cold.

Ive used golf base a few times now and its always the first website i look on now. Fast delivery and have a bunch of under armour stuff on sale ??

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just looked at the Golf Base site.....I'd never heard of them. That UnderArmour mens storm elements looks like what I'm after. Golf Base is a dependable site? I need to pick up some warmer trousers as well....I tend to put a pair of running tights on under my current trousers when it gets cold.

Free returns as well(y)

Mandofred

Visit site
County golf always have offers on waterproofs so might be worth keeping an eye on their website
Yeah, that one I've checked a couple times in the past. Several people I play with have mentioned that site. I think the problem is always the same.....buying things online that you don't know for sure if they fit so I buy them too big.

AdamW

Visit site
Yeah, that one I've checked a couple times in the past. Several people I play with have mentioned that site. I think the problem is always the same.....buying things online that you don't know for sure if they fit so I buy them too big.

I always buy multiple sizes in everything now I order online and just return the rest

Always make sure they have free returns though

casuk

Head Pro
Visit site
The proquip Px range are good I have the px5 and it's never let me down in the time iv owned, I dont wear the trousers all that much but when I do im completely dry,
Add the lifetime guarantee and you cant go wrong really

sunshine

Visit site
I've found the fit of waterproof jackets varies massively. Ping might be perfect for some people but the fit doesn't suit my body type.

A short stocky bloke and a tall thin guy may have an identical chest measurement but you can't expect the same jacket to fit them both well.

AdamW

Visit site
Tried on my under armour coat today and it doesn’t feel that flexible to swing a golf club in , annoying noise as well but guess you will get that with a coat. Is there anything like a jumper material in terms of flexibility which is waterproof?

abjectplop

Hacker
Visit site

County Golf list the actual pit to pit size and length on every item so it's easy to compare to an existing item which fits. A tremendous idea which surely every clothing website should do!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just thought I'd resurrect this as I am looking for a lightweight breathable waterpoof jacket to put into my carry bag and County Golf have these three and I wondered if anybody had any experience of them. All comments appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Sunderland Vancouver Pro Weatherbeater 1/4 Zip Jacket (I am looking for breathable and this doesn't say it is).

Sunderland Whisperdry Luxelight Waterproof Jacket

Proquip Men's Aquastorm Par PX1 Waterproof Jacket
@Traminator and @Orikoru have the Vancouver top so hopefully they will comment. Traminator raved so much I bought a Sunderland top as well, the next model out as the shop didn't have the Vancouver one, Valberg. Yet to try it due to lockdown and a slipped disk but it feels and fits really nicely.

I suspect all of those will be a good buy.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
@Traminator and @Orikoru have the Vancouver top so hopefully they will comment. Traminator raved so much I bought a Sunderland top as well, the next model out as the shop didn't have the Vancouver one, Valberg. Yet to try it due to lockdown and a slipped disk but it feels and fits really nicely.

I suspect all of those will be a good buy.
No I don't.