Which waterproof jacket is best for £100?

AdamW

Visit site
Finally getting round to picking up a waterproof jacket and just wondering what is best to get for around £100? Ideally want one which is very flexible, doesn't make a lot of crunching noises and is breathable.

Have had a Google and found these options anything better about? Or will one of these be good?

https://www.adidas.co.uk/rain.rdy-jacket/FR1407.html

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Ping-Anders-II-Waterproof-Golf-Jacket-Black-Black.html - - - is 10,000mm enough or do I need 20,000mm?

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/Sunderland-Vancouver-Pro-Waterproof-Golf-Jacket-Black.html

https://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/aca...ur-Waterproof-Golf-Jacket-Black-Charcoal.html

Could stretch budget if it will get me something a lot better?

AdamW

Visit site
thanks for everyone’s help ordered 3 UA jackets from golf base (2 medium and 1 large to see how they fit with base layers)

HowlingGale

Head Pro
Visit site
How many of you have waterproof trousers also ?

I'm having serious problems trying to get waterproof trousers. It seems that everything in golf is made for people who are short or rotund. I got the UA goretex jacket for £100 on eBay. Very good but the matching goretex trousers only come in 32" inside leg, no idea what you do if you're taller. I need 34.
Every retailer seems to do a long as 33". Galvin green do 33.5 so may need to go with them. Proquip do 35 which are too long. Would ideally like goretex but the problem is not limited to that type of material.
FWIW I'm 6'2" and I wear small size golf shirts as anything else looks like a tent.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Re. Troos, while I can kind of see the benefit of a golfing specific jacket, I would just pop down to decathlon or go-outdoirs etc for the lower half. You can try them all on and they'll probably be cheaper.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I have a Sunderland one that cost about £100 - excellent.
Also have an Adidas goretex half zip top that is great - bought on eBay for £60 a couple of years ago.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I hear a lot of good things about Proquip and they are often at a very affordable price.

I managed to get an Under Armour waterproof on Ebay for £35 a few months back - it still had the labels in so was unworn, and that includes the original pricetag that said £120. So always worth looking on Ebay for a bargain first.

AdamW

Visit site
I hear a lot of good things about Proquip and they are often at a very affordable price.

I managed to get an Under Armour waterproof on Ebay for £35 a few months back - it still had the labels in so was unworn, and that includes the original pricetag that said £120. So always worth looking on Ebay for a bargain first.
You got a right bargain there !

I had the under armour storm windstrike on last week when it was rainin, kept my dry and its nice and thin so you dont feel too warm. Cost £47 from golf base website.

AdamW

Visit site
Been on a right buying spree today preparing for the wet months ahead

Jacket
Macwets gloves
Under armour waterproof baseball cap

Dabbling with the idea of getting the 72inch ogio umbrella but not sure I can justify £40 on it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Been on a right buying spree today preparing for the wet months ahead

Jacket
Macwets gloves
Under armour waterproof baseball cap

Dabbling with the idea of getting the 72inch ogio umbrella but not sure I can justify £40 on it
I've done similar, also got a bucket hat and a new rain glove in the last few weeks.

There's some really good "water resistant" tops available now that keep us dry in light rain, and fingers crossed most of the time that's all we need for a couple of holes. If you get caught in a constant downpour for a few hours, something a bit more substantial will be required.
Yea i got a few of the under armour daytona tops as well, think there waterproof but it not really rained much up this way lately